Notices

110 mph 25' Donzi

Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve's boat is wicked... I thought he was using pulleys and cables to steer it like the old unlimited hydros...
Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Kieth's 25 had a bigger engine than a 454. It is at least a 502 or 540. Hedgehog was at 104 in his ZX and it was bigger ( I think a 26 or 27) with 900 hp. Last Real Texan is around 750-800 on a procharged 502 and is running mid 90's ( I have been in the boat going that fast on a hot, humid day). His boat was also bigger, I think a 28. A 25 is going to be much lighter. The ZX line of boats were not that fast stock as they are heavy and built like tanks. They are tough as nails though.

I beleive Mark Boos built the engine, and maybe the drive. Kieth's build, while aggravating in many ways, was very detailed. More went on than just an engine and drive. It went 100+.

Last note, Parnell's (Sweetcheekz) boats are amazing. I have ridden in his 16 and had a very good look at his GT. Both are amazing, but his GT is my favorite Classic Donzi of all time.

Last edited by Donziweasel; 08-15-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Scott B
I'm still wondering about the 18 with the blown BBC... You threw Parnells boat in the mix, not me...

I have yet to comment on the 25's claim, so please do not ask me to regress to your level, I gradjeeated kindergarden many years ago..

Say hi to Parn for me... Love his 16, one day I do want to snag a ride in the GT...
Not trying to be a dik but what's my level? I threw Parns boat in there because I know everything that man has done to that 21' to make it go fast and that 25' maybe has 80hp and I think there is no way that 25' is 20mph faster. Plus I would take Parn's 21' over any 25' no matter what the speed is!!

Parn is one of my closest friends and when I got into boating he took me under his wing and taught me a lot. A lot of people dream they could have the passion he has when it comes to these boats and his 2 Donzis are a work of art. That being said I believe everything he says and if he isn't drinking the koolaid neither am I.

When did GEOOs boat go 120ish? If that's true that is fing awesome!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

LOL, I have no idea what your level is. Hopefully about the same as mine, although my wife would tend to peg me at the jr high level..

My curiosity revolves around the blown BBC 18, not the 25.

AIR, on the 25, he broke 100 with it. Did he hit 110? I have no idea. Heck, I am not convinced that is Keith selling it now, I thought it had already sold once but I can and may be very wrong on that.

As far as Geoo's, I believe his final GPS reading on the boat was like 129 or something. He spent about ten years getting it there, it started life as a stock Volvo outdrive X-18 and slowly and methodically evolved into the beast it was. Family came along, he sold it, but it does live out there still, and one day the new owners will come forward and tell us how it is running now. There are video's on u-tube, you can search em up easily enough.

Parnell's new toy is pretty trick...
Old 08-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Not trying to be a dik but what's my level? I threw Parns boat in there because I know everything that man has done to that 21' to make it go fast and that 25' maybe has 80hp and I think there is no way that 25' is 20mph faster. Plus I would take Parn's 21' over any 25' no matter what the speed is!!

Parn is one of my closest friends and when I got into boating he took me under his wing and taught me a lot. A lot of people dream they could have the passion he has when it comes to these boats and his 2 Donzis are a work of art. That being said I believe everything he says and if he isn't drinking the koolaid neither am I.

When did GEOOs boat go 120ish? If that's true that is fing awesome!!
Dude, not trying to start anything, but there is alot wrong with what you are saying.

1. You say Parnell's GT is 80hp less than Keith's 25. How exactly do you know? Parnell's GT is a NA boat. Too be honest, as much as I love it, it has no where near the hp the 25 does. No where in the Ebay ad does it say the hp of the 25. The 25's engine is a custom build by Mark Boos. It is not some stock 502 with a Procharger on it. This is a custom one off performance build. Yes, Parnell's engine is cool with the downturned exhaust, dual intake, etc..., but it is around 600 hp at best. The 25 is 900-1000.

2. You are also talking about a stepped hull vs. a very old design not meant to go as fast as Parnell's. Plus, Kieth had his hull blueprinted and alot of other stuff done. Parnell's hull is not near as efficient or meant for the speeds the ZX's modern design is. Plus, Kieth's has a pad bottom.

Look, I am glad you worship the ground Parnell walks on and his GT-21. He is a great guy and his Gt-21, like his 16, are works of art. Comparing a modern 25 zx with 1000 hp to a 30 year old tank like a GT-21 with 600 hp is not very realistic. Bill ran 104 in his ZX with 900 hp. His is 2 ft longer than Kieth's with roughly the same HP. I don't think 105-110 is out of the question for it.

As for GEOO, he went 121+ about 8-10 years ago. The boat was an X-18 called Mighty Mouse and if I remember right, it was a twin turbo sbc "mouse" motor with an Arneson. If you type in Mighty Mouse boat or GEOO into You Tube, there are some videos of it running 120+ on the Conneticut river. The boat is still around in a de-tuned state under new ownership.

Last edited by Donziweasel; 08-15-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Registered

Scott, your post showed up before I hit "submit reply".

I am with ya though, I would love to know about a Blown BBC classic 18. I know of a few blown sbc 18's like Steve's and a few NA BBC 18's, but no blown BBC 18's. I doubt a front hanger like Procharger would clear the rear bulkhead and a top mount, like a Whipple, would need a hatch scoop of somekind to clear the hatch. I've seen a BBC in an 18 and it is pretty tight in there.

Last edited by Donziweasel; 08-15-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Gold Member

I am not trying to start anything with you or Scott B but one you're saying "i worship the ground Parnell walks on" and Scott says he won't lower to my level. I haven't criticized either of you but you 2 seem to want to say chit like that. I said Parnell is one of my closest friends and I guess in your little guy world you think that means I worship him. I don't give a fuk about the boats anymore and if you want to make is personal let me know. you don't know me guy.

and i've seen Parnells dyno sheets and his motor made well over 700hp. funny now the 25's motor is 1000hp but in the start of the thread is says 800??
Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
a 454 with a pro charger,,110 mph..i call bullchit...
heres the boat in ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25-PO...#ht_500wt_1182
I was under the impression that was Silverback's old boat? Whoever built it spent A LOT of $$$ on that drive combo
Old 08-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Gold Member

My bad on the blown BBC 18'. the one i was talking about is Tyler Logans boat with a 502 and procharger?? I could be wrong about the motor but heard he was running in the low 90's
Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered

LOL, cf my comments were a direct feed off your kindergarten remark. If you notice, I later admitted my level might be jr high, and I hoped you were at least at my level. Really wasn't trying to start a pissing match here, sorry if it appeared that way.

So, how bout we go back to my real interest:

The blown BBC 18...

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.