Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Day and a Night in the Cuddy in Fla in August >

Day and a Night in the Cuddy in Fla in August

Notices

Day and a Night in the Cuddy in Fla in August

Old 08-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I need to get my wife to read your posts. I have been trying to get her out for the weekend on the boat for the longest time. Maybe when it cools off a little in Texas she will be more willing to try. Great post, looked like a great time!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Thanks guys. Actually, this trip was for her and most of it her idea. Hotdaddy, most of that comes from what they think they know. Like I've said a million times, plan it well and you will be treated like a rock start if you know what I mean.
My wife (and X GF's) have all made comments to me about how lucky I am that they like that sort of thing. I always tell them that they're the lucky ones as they wouldn't have made it past square one before that was established
She put up with 2 yrs of being broke and me *****ing while in the "in process" stage.
This picture was taken not that long ago.
I followed your build on S&F. The boat turned out beautiful.

I agree with "...what they think they know". I think time will make it easier for her. Having never been on a boat, to meeting me and boating every single spare moment was quite the expectation on my part. Now she operates, sets the anchor and tells me when I am over trimmed or taking the wrong approach to something. Small steps...small steps.

Just a little jealous of those pics is all.

HD
Old 08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
... Like I've said a million times, plan it well and you will be treated like a rock start if you know what I mean..
You mean you communicate with Dolphins? Now that is planning. LOL

Your Wife must be one happy woman.

HD
Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 1,832 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Dude, that's huge!

Originally Posted by hotdaddy27
Having never been on a boat, to meeting me and boating every single spare moment was quite the expectation on my part. Now she operates, sets the anchor and tells me when I am over trimmed or taking the wrong approach to something. Small steps...small steps.
Couple things to try.
#1. See if you can find some locals that stay on similar boats if they're any around you. When we were in Columbus we had groups that were always going to the local lakes for the weekends.
When your girl see's that the other girls are NOT waking up looking like models and they're OK w/it....., that's a HUGE step!
With 3 or 4 boats rafted together it takes one morning to figure it out.
We'd generally have a couple of 22' - 24' cuddy's and then one or two 25' - 26' trailerable cruiser and we'd all bring some kind of food dish (and concoction for the bar)along and it would be an absolute ball all while only being a 1/2 hr from home.

#2. Another trick is to find some where or event that you can go to by boat. One of those same inland lakes was famous for it's water front bars and killer bands. was far enough out that no one wanted to get half in the bag and then have to drive home but if your boat was at the end of the pier and you already had everything packed....

machloosy, 70 so far. Still chasing set up but is becoming more and more of a cabin cruiser. I've spent a lot of the last 10 or so yrs chasing every last MPH w/the smaller boats and I'm pretty burned out by it. I had a Sonic identical to this one that started out running running 80 and then kept slowing down which I never figured out. It had open exhaust, velocity stacks etc. On O/B's too, the intake noise in the cockpit is deafening on open intake motors.
At 50 w/these all you hear is the wind and we are both loving that aspect.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 08-13-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Dude you have fun on that boat.

BTW

Where is that Biker bar exactly? Looks like a good place to ride to one day.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,832 Likes on 717 Posts
Default On the river, right in the middle of Sebastian.

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Dude you have fun on that boat.

BTW

Where is that Biker bar exactly? Looks like a good place to ride to one day.
I-95 to 512, go east till you hit water. Go left/north 1/2 mile and you're there. A bridge over the I.C. to AIA 4 mls south too for more exploring by bike. I've done most of it on a bike and it's nice if you watch for geezers/tourists in box's.

Yesterday was a ****ty day, poured off and on all day long was still probably 30 or 40 bikes there. What really impressed me was there was a continuous flow of them. Even in that weather. I normally make fun of them as posers but those guys were the ****.
If it had been a nice day, there may have been 200 of them. Cool too as now all breed bikes are also showing up.
People come from all around for the music too. Best, free, live music you'll ever see/hear.
Go on a Sunday afternoon. It rocks. Several other neat places within a few blocks.
Great looking shirts too BTW, to mark the stop. Link bellow.
http://www.earlshideaway.com/
Old 08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

sounds like a great trip! More time on the water will help with the Mrs. I like the play-by-play! Great spots and pics!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you had another good time.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome photos. Looks like you two are making the most out of your accommodations, and having a great time. I agree, though not the most comfortable time of year, it's certainly doable given the right creature comforts. Enjoy.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and did this all the time when we lived in Cape Coral. We would take off down the intercoastal and find a place or island and spent day and night. I showed my wife this thread and she said we need to start doing this again. So my job now is find places to go along the Texas coast. Thanks for reminding how much fun this is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.