Notices

LOTTO Attorney??

Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTTO Attorney??

Hey guys, I'll start out with a little history about the situation. Back in 2005 I recieved a ticket for 10 mph over the speed limit after dark. The cop pulled me over just before sunset. Nobody including the the WP were running they're nav lights at the time. We sat there for about 5 minutes before either of us turned them on so needless to say I was kind of torqued about the whole situation. So anyway, my wife and I were planning on attending the shootout this year until she reminded me about the ticket I got and never paid which turned out to be a poor decision on my part!! So I decided to contact the sheriffs department and take care of the ticket. The girl on the phone said that I needed to return to MO surender to the authorities post bond and set a court date so I called the court clerk and she set the date so I didn't need to post bond but she also said since there was a warrent I could be pulled over and arested. Needless to say I need a good attorney to resolve this situation.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

some common sense and rememberence from my youth (getting arrested for failure to appear for not having a front license plate then forgetting to may the fine) its not a major deal, its gonna cost a couple hundred bucks and a lot less than a lawyer. just go to the courthouse and pay up when you get there...if you have paperwork, an email from the court with the court date etc...no cop is going to waste the time doing paperwork unless your being a jackass.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Isn't there a statue of limitations ?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

They just want your money
Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Even is they did arrest you when you went to the courthouse, your bond will be $100 which will go towards your ticket. It would be a waste of their time unless they really wanted to be diks. I'm sure they will just want you to pay your fine which might be a lot higher but doubt they will put you in jail. Bring them cash
Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, just show up, pay the ticket and go. Not sure why she said you needed a court date. I had the same issue in Missouri. I found out I had a bench warrant for a ticket from like 6 years ago.. Went there, she pulled it up, I paid it and she shredded it.. done deal.. Don't let it wreck your weekend, just make sure you sneak in under the radar. If you get pulled over while you have a warrant, theyll impound your rig.. big PITA! I am amazed they won't let you pay over the phone or by mail. You don't have to "surrender". They should be able to tell you what the court costs are. If not, call the district attorney and tell him you live so many hours away and they'll make sure you have a number and a mailing address..
Old 08-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

If you still wish to speak with someone...

Barbara VanTine.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

There is a guy down there named Sam Trapp that seems to work on alot of this kind of stuff and get it done. In fact, I think that he chases cases just like this (his advetisements are on the beer cups at several places) and makes them go away.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Failing to appear for a court date is a separate charge. You signed the ticket which is essentially a signature bond that says you will appear in court or pay fine. You now have the original charge and a Failure to Appear charge/warrant.

You pretty much lost your oppotunity to fight the original ticket. Its a $$ fine and they will most likely just dismiss it. The Failure to Appear is a more serious charge and can carry jail time, but most likely will result in a fine.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Failing to appear for a court date is a separate charge. You signed the ticket which is essentially a signature bond that says you will appear in court or pay fine. You now have the original charge and a Failure to Appear charge/warrant.

You pretty much lost your oppotunity to fight the original ticket. Its a $$ fine and they will most likely just dismiss it. The Failure to Appear is a more serious charge and can carry jail time, but most likely will result in a fine.
Your absolutely right. My concern isn't the the lake patrol ticket, it's the failure to appear/warrant. I dont want to show up the on the day of court and get tossed in the klink over night. I might be making to much of this whole situation but it's always good to cover the bases. On a side note, I was in touch with a nice older lady at the court house that seemed to be willing to help me out. I told her I would like to drive down before the court date and pay the fine and she said she would look in to it and get back with me tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.