Notices

Safty

Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safty

Ok lets learn from our frends on OSO. I will start with the first question? Whats the first thing that happens when You put your boat in gear? This is not a joke so lets hear from You. An please add more questions after this one has the right answer. Artie
Old 08-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

ummmmmmm.....the prop spins and the boat moves.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

Nope
Old 08-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Umm, just put mine back together. Move the lever which pulls on the cable to move the linkage on the bracket attached to the exhaust. That moves the neutral switch(s) and another cable going to the transom assembly. Transom assembly arm pivots and moves the arm on the shifter of the alpha outdrive. Clutch moves and engages causing the props to spin (if running, otherwise shifting is a bit pointless). Spinning props cause a thrust cone of water to move drawing water in one side and pushing it out the other. If thrust force is sufficient to overcome other forces, boat will accelerate and start to move.

Brian
Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

lanyard
Old 08-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by befu
Umm, just put mine back together. Move the lever which pulls on the cable to move the linkage on the bracket attached to the exhaust. That moves the neutral switch(s) and another cable going to the transom assembly. Transom assembly arm pivots and moves the arm on the shifter of the alpha outdrive. Clutch moves and engages causing the props to spin (if running, otherwise shifting is a bit pointless). Spinning props cause a thrust cone of water to move drawing water in one side and pushing it out the other. If thrust force is sufficient to overcome other forces, boat will accelerate and start to move.

Brian
Close
Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I think this is a trick question, Everyone know akaboatman is so wreckless that he can't even spell SAFETY
Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

Ok I know everyone thinks this is a joke. I was at Ship Island a friend started His twin eng boat. I was standing next to the boat in chest deap water. I'm 6'4" He puts the boat in gear an the props start pulling the water to then. An Me. I start screeming an beat on His boat to stop Him. This was a few years ago. I new better an thought He did. Some people mite learn from this if they just don't know. Artie
Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
I think this is a trick question, Everyone know akaboatman is so wreckless that he can't even spell SAFETY
LOL. You got me there 4bus.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I begin mentally "scanning" my surroundings as to not hit anything and watchout for boats heading in my direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.