Notices

Is this just wrong?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this just wrong?

Not that I plan on checking out anytime soon, but just thinking it's time to start getting affairs in order.

I've always known that I wanted to be cremated, but haven't thought to much about what to do with my ashes. My wife said whatever I want, she will carry it out...if she outlives me....pretty sure she will!

It seems too normal to just dump my ashes at some place that has been special in my life, like the Lake or River, Sand Dunes or Ocean, and I sure don't want to sit around the house.

So here's the deal. I'm thinking that my request will be to take the ashes and mix them with a gallon of Nitro. Launch my boat into the Pacific Ocean. Dump the "Nitro Ash" into the tank and take me for one last ride......sticks to the pins. My ashes will be effectively spread over the Ocean (this is my favorite place to boat) and I'll get to take one last good look at the inside of the motors as value added.

What do you guys think? Is this just wrong?

PS: The carrying agent could be something other then Nitro, like Beer, Jack, Diet Coke or maybe the most appropriate "Captain Morgan"
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will just get stuck in the fuel filter and then wind up in a landfill. Just be dumped overboard, thats what I want.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

deffently takes it to the next level but yeah i have a feeling the fuel filter would capture you ......hopefully
Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to be a downer here... But definitely make a decision and have a will made out letting your family & friends know what to do with you. My father passed away in his sleep a few years ago in his late 60s.... He never made out a will or even discussed what his final wishes were... It was very hard on me having to decide what to do as I didn't want to do the wrong thing.... It was very difficult and painful. I ended up having him cremated, but still to this day don't know what to do with his remains.... So he is in an urn on top of display case/cabinet in my house, along with a photo of him with my daughter, a cased flag and a letter from the president of the US (my father was a Vietnam vet). So every day I walk by him, I wonder if cremation was the right call. Just so food for thought....... Again sorry to be a downer..
Old 08-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low_psi
Not to be a downer here... But definitely make a decision and have a will made out letting your family & friends know what to do with you. My father passed away in his sleep a few years ago in his late 60s.... He never made out a will or even discussed what his final wishes were... It was very hard on me having to decide what to do as I didn't want to do the wrong thing.... It was very difficult and painful. I ended up having him cremated, but still to this day don't know what to do with his remains.... So he is in an urn on top of display case/cabinet in my house, along with a photo of him with my daughter, a cased flag and a letter from the president of the US (my father was a Vietnam vet). So every day I walk by him, I wonder if cremation was the right call. Just so food for thought....... Again sorry to be a downer..
Sounds like you did the right thing by your dad. I'm his age and I need to go over my Will to see if I have all my bases covered.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Registered

No it is not wrong!!! I love your idea!!!! The fuel filter might be a problem. Just have your wife slowly pour your ashes into the carb or throttle body. I think that would work.
Not that talking about death is a good thing but having your family know what you want is the right thing to do.
I am also glad to see that I'm not alone with wierd ideas about what to do with my ashes. I know I don't want to be in a box 6 ft down, so creamation seems to be the way I want to be disposed off. And yes sitting for eternity on the mantle or shelf somewhere is "Boring"!! So since I have been into Drag Racing my whole life, even did 8 years of Jr. Drag Racing with my kids. I have owned and raced many types of cars in my life but have never had the oportunity to drive a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car. That has always been my dream but at this point in my life I'm pretty sure it will never happen, so I have told my wife and kids I would love to have my ashes packed in the chute of one of those cars so when the chute is pulled I will be spread all over the drag strip. Probably seems wierd and wrong to most folks but I'm glad to know that somebody understands. So in closing I think you have a GREAT idea!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Likefastboats
No it is not wrong!!! I love your idea!!!! The fuel filter might be a problem. Just have your wife slowly pour your ashes into the carb or throttle body. I think that would work.
Not that talking about death is a good thing but having your family know what you want is the right thing to do.
I am also glad to see that I'm not alone with wierd ideas about what to do with my ashes. I know I don't want to be in a box 6 ft down, so creamation seems to be the way I want to be disposed off. And yes sitting for eternity on the mantle or shelf somewhere is "Boring"!! So since I have been into Drag Racing my whole life, even did 8 years of Jr. Drag Racing with my kids. I have owned and raced many types of cars in my life but have never had the oportunity to drive a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car. That has always been my dream but at this point in my life I'm pretty sure it will never happen, so I have told my wife and kids I would love to have my ashes packed in the chute of one of those cars so when the chute is pulled I will be spread all over the drag strip. Probably seems wierd and wrong to most folks but I'm glad to know that somebody understands. So in closing I think you have a GREAT idea!!!!!!
Your idea would be perfect after an "Oil Down" I like it. Like you, I love fuel motors, that's why Nitro is my first choice for the carrying agent!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Registered

Just remove the fuel filters for the last run! Who is gonna hold the boat pinned for you? Ill come over and do it!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered

Kudos to you for putting a plan together and telling your spouse. I'd like to make a plug for organ donation, too.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered

Just a thought, my fathers ashes were spread from a boat near Barneget light in Jersey. Served 2 purposes, any time I'm in the water I felt with him (going there on the 25th for the anniversary) but it also gave a destination on land for others to visit. The hardest thing with someone being cremated is having no exact place to go visit.

I also remember doing it, went with the family in my grandfathers OB. Said some things, spread ashes and threw in flowers. Not paying much attention, some how one of the flowers ended up back IN the boat, not the engine well but actually in it. Soaked with bay water it's kept and dried to this day (I was 12). Still freaks me out, in a good way.

Last edited by prostock85; 08-22-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.