Notices

Phenomenon Status

Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Phenomenon Status

I was wondering how Al Jr is coming along with Phenomenon boat? Does he have a date for the record run, or is the project cancelled?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I was thinking the same thing, thought that it might surprise everyone and be at the Lotto Shootout. I hope Al Jr. never, ever cancels his Dad's dream and breaks that record in Al Copeland Sr's memory.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I spoke with Scotty a few weeks ago. They are still at it! Trying to get there ducks in a row.....
Old 08-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
I spoke with Scotty a few weeks ago. They are still at it! Trying to get there ducks in a row.....
Have they solved the issue of props touching?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered

I saw from pictures that they put a tie bar between the two drives in each sponson so I would think that probably solved it.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Registered

It also looks like they are now venting the exhaust from the front turbine out the side of the boat instead of the top, wonder why the changed that?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, we are still moving forward with this project. We have not been doing a lot of testing this summer beacuse it gets so hot here in New Orleans. With 98% humidity and heat index its over 104 degrees somedays. With the tempertures that hot we loose a large amount of horsepower (min. of 1500hp) and its not worth the wear and tear on all the equipment, not mention how much it cost in fuel for each test run. When we test we want ideal conditions, getting opitmum data so that we can make those changes necessary to help us achieve our goal. Thanks for the support, the Copeland family appreciates it.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

Thanks for the update Scott, good luck we are all pulling for you guys...
Old 08-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phenomenon
Yes, we are still moving forward with this project. We have not been doing a lot of testing this summer beacuse it gets so hot here in New Orleans. With 98% humidity and heat index its over 104 degrees somedays. With the tempertures that hot we loose a large amount of horsepower (min. of 1500hp) and its not worth the wear and tear on all the equipment, not mention how much it cost in fuel for each test run. When we test we want ideal conditions, getting opitmum data so that we can make those changes necessary to help us achieve our goal. Thanks for the support, the Copeland family appreciates it.
I still talk about the party you had in KW a couple years ago when you unveiled the boat. GET THAT BOAT GOING! please! GOOD LUCK! and thanks again for the great memories.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

What is the status? How many speed practice-trials thus far? What is left to de-bug? How fast has the boat gone thus far? If something keeps breaking what is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.