Share your wrap/graphics ideas on BAJA 265 DVX >

Share your wrap/graphics ideas on BAJA 265 DVX

Notices

Share your wrap/graphics ideas on BAJA 265 DVX

Old 08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Share your wrap/graphics ideas on BAJA 265 DVX

Well fellow OSO members, I got the go a head to wrap my 90 Baja 265 DVX courtesy of the Sheriffs department . Long story short they ran into by boat scuffing the gel and graphics. After several calls and what not, their paying to put a wrap on my boat.

So Im here looking for ideas on the graphics (im not a graphic designer so have no ideas) Please share what you guys have or like so we have something to work from.

The wrap will cover from the rub rail down, maybe even the 6" or so above it. I really like red and black's on graphics, but open to any ideas. Only thing is that there is a teal stripe on the bow and that color might need to be tied into it???

Here is what the DVX looks like now.

The bow

Some graphics i have found just searching the web.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I can tell you this (from personal experience with doing a wrap myself). Keep in mind at all times that "less is more". It's easy to go over board because the options are limitless and basically cost the same compared to going crazy on a paint job that increases the cost. A simple, classy wrap is timless too. So the old analogy "KISS" comes to mind.

my .02
Old 08-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

I agree with the above statement. As for the teal on the bow, couldn't you just pay the little extra to have it match?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

^^^ yep, just curious if that teal color should be integrated in the new wrap, or just also wrap or graphic over the bow stripe?

Im just not sure of teal color on a boat......
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by 92nsx
^^^ yep, just curious if that teal color should be integrated in the new wrap, or just also wrap or graphic over the bow stripe?

Im just not sure of teal color on a boat......
If it were me, I'd ditch the teal. Very dated (90's) color. The place that does the wrap will be able to do a print that will match whatever you do to the boat to cover just the teal. Pretty easily solved and can bring the design up into the deck without wrapping the whole boat.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fully agree, simply wrap right over the teal on the bow! Great way to tie it all together. I just wrapped mine a month ago and absolutely love it!!!

Before

A long time after!! (5 years)