Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Glad you are ok Chuck!

Scary Stuff!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
Didn't that same thing happen to you 2 yrs back?

Anyway, glad you didnt go boom, that always sucks...
2 years ago, it was a loose core in the Schrader valve, combined with a plastic cap that couldn't handle the pressure. (Same route, same docking slip!!!) I replaced the plastic caps with chrome-plated brass caps.

...I'll be replacing BOTH fuel llnes this weekend. JetMech sorted me out with a temporary braided stainless spare for the weekend.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
2 years ago, it was a loose core in the Schrader valve, combined with a plastic cap that couldn't handle the pressure. (Same route, same docking slip!!!) I replaced the plastic caps with chrome-plated brass caps.

...I'll be replacing BOTH fuel llnes this weekend. JetMech sorted me out with a temporary braided stainless spare for the weekend.
On the bright side, every 2 yrs you are testing your spark plug wires for arcing. They must still be good.... carryon.

Jetmech is the bomb. He saved me with a braided line for my trim ram before RTB. My tub looked like the exxon valdez.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

had something similar happen on a buddys boat. Fuel line came off carb and was literally fire hosing the distributor cap. Boat quit as we were coming through the marina and he cranked it a couple times as we floated to a dock. Lifted engine cover (jet deck boat) and we saw the fuel "power washing" the back of the motor (elec pump). His boat is meticulously water proofed and marinized because how how he runs it.

On a side note several years ago i took Deans green batboat down to the worlds for a renter and had huge motor probs. Boat was serviced/repaired and run on trailer but not water tested. We put it in and the boat would not run off idle and put up TPS codes back on the trailer. Racked our brains trying to fix it, with the scanner hooked up and the TPS in hand we would get a full 0-100% sweep but would not function in the boat. After F-ing with it for hours Gary Deciucies and I figured out the TPS was and automotive part that was put on just prior to bringing the boat down and that part clocked in the opposite rotation then the marine part. It looked exactly the same and plugged in but the little drum in the middle spun the opposite way. Put on a new Merc part and boat ran great.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )