Notices

Greg Olson ran 192

Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Easy there buddy, dont get too far ahead of your self, when we see one of those center pod boats out on the race circut, running in 3-4 footer and turning, then I will buy you a drink, but until then just chill!
This was not a race circuit with "3-4 footer and turning" as you said. It is not my fault that MTI and Skater brought knives to a gun fight THIS YEAR! Let's see what happens next year.

I don't need you to buy me drink. Greg Olson would be the appropriate party...let's not rain on his parade!

Wow wow, hold on. FYI- that is NOT i reapeat NOT the E-85 you buy at the pump for 3 bucks a gallon, first of all think for a moment, you really think that a blown big block making 1800hp on like 20+ pounds of boost would be able to make that power on pump gas? Come on- Its E-85 race gas, first off you should smell it, second cause it smells like nothing else, They cant even measure the octane, mainly cause the alcohol level is so high, I call it a cocktail mixed with race gas, oh and ya it cost about 9-10 bucks a gallon.
FYI - as pointed out by Dustin below, yes it is. I have been running E-85 for 3 years and also run Rocket Racing E-85 due to the availiability at LOTO. It is not $9 - $10 a gallon.

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
To be clear, it does run on pump E-85. Only for the LOTO run did they use the Rocket Brand Race E85 because it was easier to buy and have shipped in a drum then try to find pump E-85. This boat has run on the pump E-85 many times.

It also does not take 20psi of boost, actually less and when switching to E85, the boost increases 1-2psi due to the volume of fuel.
I never said it wouldn't run on pump E-85, the topic is the shoot out so... I really wasn't wrong. But ok off by a couple pounds of boost.

Ps- Dustin, what are the real HP #s on these motors, set up for shoot out?
"Wow wow, hold on. FYI- that is NOT i reapeat NOT the E-85 you buy at the pump"
"I never said it wouldn't run on pump E-85"
I like how you admit that you were wrong. "I really wasn't wrong" but ok" way to stay strong buddy!

AGAIN!!! Congtrats to Greg Olson / Eliminator Boats / GT Performance / Whipple for an incredible 192 pass in a center pod boat to fully secure the TOP GUN title for Shootout 2012!!!