Notices

boat for a car

Old 09-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
That is a very cool ride!

I'd like to trade my boat for some kind of classic car.
Thank you. No expenses were spared in this 7-1/2 year project. Almost 100K in this thing, but it is all original and all the numbers match. It almost always scored first place in different car shows and never lower than second. It isnt a hot rod as some might think...just a 72 Vette. The last of the shiny bumper Vettes.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Cool pslonaker but I don't think you will trade my boat for it.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prices of cars were taken away from true enthusiasts yeasr ago and they will never come back to reality.
That boat is sweet! I hope you get what you need out of it.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Cool pslonaker but I don't think you will trade my boat for it.
The Vette is insured at 85K and the last Corvette appraisal that was done on it was 88.5k. The guy that did the apprisal is trying to convince his wife that they need it. Since the frame off restration, the car has a grand total of 680 miles on the odometer...395 of those miles was from the garage to the trailer and the trailer to the car show, then maybe drive around the block a few times and back on the trailer then back into the garage. The rest of the miles is driving it some around here...up and down the road. And the wheels...they are real knock-offs...no lug nuts.

That is a cool boat you have and I understand how hard it is to part with a toy...with the exception of an X wife or girlfriend. My X is with a semi-friend of mine and myself and my other friends just laugh as I tell them that I was brought up to share my toys with the less fortunate. He has her and that is fine with me.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why not post on a Firebird forum?

I'd see if you can get a response out of a car forum. Many of these folks have too many cars and are either looking to diversify for themselves of gift to their kids.