The LOTO washing machine...

Notices

The LOTO washing machine...

Old 08-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
This is from the same boat, great camera prespective!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYc3...e_gdata_player
Where the heck did they mount the camera on that?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
http://youtu.be/rCVPU4HWokQ Taken from the back of a 53 Carver leaving the shootout. You can see exactly how rough it is!
A perfect example of why i DO NOT like tubs . Hear the laughter as the beak boat struggles with the wake . That falls into the i'm screwing you cause i can category . No respect for fellow boaters . There , my turn to ***** ! Now , is that being responsible ? Fock no !

Last edited by the deep; 08-31-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the fountain should have waited a few before he left.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
http://youtu.be/rCVPU4HWokQ Taken from the back of a 53 Carver leaving the shootout. You can see exactly how rough it is!
Yikes!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

LOTO is wild water. Big waves with no rhythm to it. We ran 25-30mph plowing water and did just fine coming home after the shootout runs were over with just two occasional splashes over the bow. Any faster and we took a beating. I did have a SeaDoo jet boat (whatever the smallest one they make is) follow me in my wake til the 25MM.

The only boats that I saw that were running fast comfortably were 42'+ Outerlimits Vees, 38'+ Cigarettes, and the 41 Legend. The Outerlimits ran faster just skimming the tops of the waves while the others ran a little slower crushing the tops of the waves.

Last edited by Plowtownmissile; 09-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
A perfect example of why i DO NOT like tubs . Hear the laughter as the beak boat struggles with the wake . That falls into the i'm screwing you cause i can category . No respect for fellow boaters . There , my turn to ***** ! Now , is that being responsible ? Fock no !
I disagree... theres numerous small vessels in that same video chugging right along. Holiday/event weekends are a wild ride... inexperience or jus misjudgement - no biggie.

I remember the first time i ever saw "big" water at ky lake... i came out of the canal n i sat there for 5 mins until waves started entering over the sides and sunpad. i took it slow... made it back.

Now everytime i go to a new lake, i expect and look forward to the washing machine effect.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by the deep

It was funny to see him floundering like that. Hesitation makes the pain last longer.

Imagine the average busy weekend on any decent-sized lake. You have kayakers, canoes, sailboats. PWC's, boats that range in size from 14' to almost 60' in some cases. Now look at those boats that are designed to go fast, or go faster than most, and built to go through rough water.

Granted, big cruiser wakes will definitely change your weekend plans if you only wanted to bomb up and down the lake doing 80 mph or more and have other boaters stand by and cheer you on. But somehow, all of these years, most of us with smaller boats have managed to go boating without injuring our occupants, or claiming cruisers should only be allowed to go at no wake speed.

As a kid, I used to go through big Carver wakes in my dad's old 17' Glastron. I never stuffed it, never rolled it, never hot a thing. Now granted, I never followed behind a monster cruiser and *****-footed my way partly over the wake at little more than headway speed. Those on board the cruiser might just have been laughing at the method of driving, not at how big their wake was. Nor did I go full throttle over big cruiser wakes then curse the wake when I went airborne and lost control.

I'm starting to think a lot of thee folks getting in trouble might be better off getting a pontoon with a 35 hp outboard.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well.Shootout looks like a good time with a lot of boats watching the events.Then when it is over everyone wants to leave at the same time.Problem is there are a lot of boats leaving.Lot of boat owners running there boats but not enough boat operators that know what they are doing.First rule of the road common sense.Been boating 50 years and that looks like a cluster,why not sit back and wait let people leave as they came,tomorrow is another day why take a chance of not seeing it because of someone's lack of judgement or knowledge.Just because you have the know how and experience sometimes is not enough to stop a accident because the boater next to you might have just know how to sign on the dotted line and He is a boat operator!!!!!!!I'll take a lashing but that's how it is.Here is a good example of a boat owner not a boat operator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ZOi...e_gdata_player JOHN SR

Last edited by Fenderjack; 09-01-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if you take the washing machine off the gentle setting, it looks like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71xk22zSyHA
Old 09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Starflite X
And if you take the washing machine off the gentle setting, it looks like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71xk22zSyHA
Even a barf bag is useless in that crap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.