Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
I am like others and really hate that somebody posted that video. If you have a video of something bad happening ... keep it to yourself as it does nothing but promote that our sport is violent and for crazy folks. Don't think for a second that the insurance industry isn't watching and just can't wait to raise our rates or deductibles or whatever. The water is the last place in America we can get out with some freedom and use big horsepower. The YouTube jockeys are ruining it for us all!!

Well if the video wakes a few boaters up and prevents a few fiberglass face plants, then theres less insurance claims..... Im gonna bet his insurance company would have found out about the incident regardless of youtube.... Most likely when the medical bills showed up......
Old 09-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Well if the video wakes a few boaters up and prevents a few fiberglass face plants, then theres less insurance claims..... Im gonna bet his insurance company would have found out about the incident regardless of youtube.... Most likely when the medical bills showed up......
Check Your med on Your boat. I bet it's 2000.00 per person.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Most of us are nothing more then weekend warriors, no professional training.
Even the pro's have bad stuff happen, but this was pure luck that nobody went over the side. It still amazes me most places don't require people to take a boating safety course or operators course.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 AM
VIP Member

Hope all recover fully...

It's situations like this that prompted me to get a 1,000,000 umbrella policy. Those medical bills are going to be huge and if any passengers decide to sue the driver..................
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mean streak
Tres, I would like to hear your take on this too. Not sure what you could tell from the video, if anything.
I will answer for you guys today, just slammed geting ready for a trip.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tres
I will answer for you guys today, just slammed geting ready for a trip.
looking forward to reading your take on this......thanks in advance........
Old 09-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

What about the idiot sitting up on the motor hatch, No vests, no kill switch. WTF
Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
Still dont understand blaming cruiser wake... smh
Originally Posted by cheech
Me neither, They got the right to be out there also.

I completely agree they have a right to be on the water also and I am NOT saying they need to be off the water. But they, like us need to be responsible for their actions.

Maybe this example will help clear up what I was trying to say...

I have my pickup truck loaded with 6" rock going down the interstate (which I have a right to drive on) and while minding my own business enjoying the day I'm dropping my 6" rock all over the interstate behind me. You guys will not have a problem with all that rock taring up your personal property or worse the accidents it may cause behind me?

Something tells me this would NOT sit well with anyone, so why should it be any different on the water. These are open water ships that produce open water wakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPp-SnoJ7fw

In that video that is just one, now imagine 6 or 8 producing the same wakes.

Last edited by TW720HVY; 09-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by here's johnny
looking forward to reading your take on this......thanks in advance........
+1
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY

I have my pickup truck loaded with 6" rock going down the interstate (which I have a right to drive on) and while minding my own business enjoying the day I'm dropping my 6" rock all over the interstate behind me. You guys will not have a problem with all that rock taring up your personal property or worse the accidents it may cause behind me?

Something tells me this would NOT sit well with anyone, so why should it be any different on the water. These are open water ships that produce open water wakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPp-SnoJ7fw

Because there are many states and local jurisdictions that have laws against traveling on public roadways while dropping 6" rock all over the place. Probably why dump trucks and the like are generally required to have their loads tied down and/or covered. That's just common sense.

The cruiser in question wasn't doing anything unlawful. Perhaps it would be appropriate to make a new law that says cruisers can't go faster than no wake speed, but fast boats can go 160 or over 200 mph anywhere? I've know since I was 5 years old that cruisers make big wakes, as do moderate sized boats with 24 degree Vee hulls.

I'm sure everyone has seen the ego shots of boats roaring up from behind a cruiser so the photographer can get a neat shot of the boat airborne over the wave. Pretty sure everyone has also seen the over-trimmed boat doing the same, right before stuffing the boat and ejecting all of the passengers. Is that the cruiser's fault as well?

These are public waterways, not private ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.