Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 398 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
VTSteve, sometimes I think owning a pontoon with a 500HP is the way to go, you never hear of them causing any problems, their wakes doesn't piss anyone off, the boat will never reach the accident scene before the driver and the passengers always seem happy no matter how beat up the boat is.
Fixed it....
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, now that all that is out of the way lets hope for a quick recovery of all involved in the crash.
I think the point here is have respect for other boaters, be thoughtfull of your wake, your speed, be alert and be safe. Otherwise your congress will make you.... We don't need any more laws....
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by hadleycat
I just turned on my computer and this video is now front page news on Yahoo
Same here, this sucks
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Pontoons can also get into trouble but the underlying factor was BWI's:

http://lakeexpo.com/boating/the_lake...9bb2963f4.html

To put it into perspective, there is over 30,000 boats registered at LOTO. That does not count the people visiting on a busy weekend. So even though it sounds like all hell breaks loose at LOTO, it is spread over 90 miles of lake and thousands of operators both that are boaters and those that own boats and go boating.

I think it is important we use this viral explosion as a positive to help educating safety, not give the "regulator types" the chance to try and take more away from us. It is up to us, be heard how to fix the problem...

Last edited by bajaholic; 09-04-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VTSteve, sometimes I think owning a pontoon with a 50HP is the way to go, you never hear of them causing any problems, their wakes doesn't piss anyone off, the boat will never reach the accident scene before the driver and the passengers always seem happy no matter how beat up the boat is.
Sadly so true!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

VTSteve, sometimes I think owning a pontoon with a 50HP is the way to go, you never hear of them causing any problems, their wakes doesn't piss anyone off, the boat will never reach the accident scene before the driver and the passengers always seem happy no matter how beat up the boat is.
Yeah, now let's petition the Fed's to restrict barge traffic on the rivers so we can cruise in our pontoon while grillng and ski without having to worry about a large wake...
Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 398 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Yeah, now let's petition the Fed's to restrict barge traffic on the rivers so we can cruise in our pontoon while grillng and ski without having to worry about a large wake...
If somebody's wake dumps my chow in the drink......lets just say that would be unpleasant and unfortunate ...

Last edited by the deep; 09-04-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Has anyone confirmed this boat was even in a Poker Run at the time of this filming ?

If it wasn't, the Poker Runs are getting a bad name because of it ... Not to mention the whole sport in general...
No, it was not a poker run. They were part of a fun run. The run was an unsanctioned group of boats that ran the lake that day. Although it was the Friday before the Shootout, it was not sanctioned by the Shootout.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
I was on The Lake the last two weekends, just like many years before. We came upon a particulary rough spot near the Toll Bridge yesterday. Odd thing - not a big cruiser for a mile in either direction. Just A LOT of smaller boats on plane.

An observation...
+1 pretty sure I was right behind you and followed you to F&L's. It is all about having the right tool for the job, running a level deck with the deadrise doing it's job and using your head.

We love it when the water is bumpy. The run home from the shootout is one of our favorite rides of the year. I go out for a blast in the morning when it is all glassy it is pretty boring, a run down the channal in the afternoon is much more fun.

This blame it on the cruiser non-sense is silly.

It is an unfortunate accident and hopefully we can all learn from it (I know I have shortened the length of my kill lanyard after watching this).
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Pontoons can also get into trouble but the underlying factor was BWI's:

http://lakeexpo.com/boating/the_lake...9bb2963f4.html
That accident ended up with a fatality as well and did not get anywhere near this much press. Can you imagine if, god forbid, one of the passengers in this accident passed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.