Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

anyone got a link to a different video??? i saw a pic in the boater girl of the day from a different angle?? there has to be more out there
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Tress you are saying driver should of stayed in thottles? Or just should of not pulled out so fast and hard?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

I just noticed this, but it looks as though the boat was in a fairly decent turn at speed. When I first watched the video I thought they were traveling dead straight, but it appears that they were turning pretty decent if you watch behind the boat leading up to the incident. Doesn't take much to upset and prompt the spin at those speeds.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
anyone got a link to a different video??? i saw a pic in the boater girl of the day from a different angle?? there has to be more out there
go to cnn and they have some extra of the aftermath..
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for the insite !! I have been there before w my 38 so i feel I had to call it like I see it. I just don't want the boat to get a bad rapp.. Did the boat do ok?? Is it cracked? that boat stopped really quick. Once agaiin The props spinning are what caused the problems I think.
I know how you must feel. And I want to say that this has woke a lot of people up. And for the comon man with comon sense this will makes us think and be safer in the long run.. Of course there will be the nay sayers.. But this is a possitive. Kinda like the movies you watch when you are getting your drivers lic. when you are 16.. Anyway Glad you all survived... Be cool and get back out in your boat... NO more throttleing waves with hot women on board !!!!!!!!!!

Chad
Old 09-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mreedy
go to cnn and they have some extra of the aftermath..
whats insane is the the lady in the front bolster asked "did we hit a wave?" makes me wonder it must have been small
Old 09-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
just to be safe I shut my engine off before re-entry.
I usually put the engines in reverse prior to re-entry. it helps to slow the boat down when i'm going too fast.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbhammer
whats insane is the the lady in the front bolster asked "did we hit a wave?" makes me wonder it must have been small
If you watch the video enough times you can understand what unfolded. They launched pretty high before slamming down on the starboard side. The driver pulled back on the throttles when they went airborne, but at that point it was too late.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 26awesome
Driver looks like he got punched by Chuck Liddell !!!!! LOL
That is funny!!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZP'd
Think he already did respond. Just had to read between the lines to see his thoughts. Least I came away thinking he said enough. Wasn't possible cruisers or their wakes at fault, and can't blame the step hull of any particular boat. Pure Driver error, and total lack of taking ANY saftey precautions from the start. Video speaks volumns of a total lack of GOOD judgement from the get go to the spin out.
It was a accident that was easily preventable and one that could have had a even much worse outcome if not for some pure luck.
I agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.