Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Pat

I pulled up some old pics of the boat upsidown as we came up on it at our event. I do not have a full membership right now or I would post. It is a sobering photo

Pat they still need teathers and life jackets (did not help at SOTW) but still a good idea and you are correct if we do not act differently in our boats during a poker run this whole thing will be GAME OVER
Upload to ImageShack or PhotoBucket you can link them from there....
Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z
Does the stepped hull have any hand in this??? It looked like there was a dramatic spin out.
IMO no, the boat seemed to be so out of shape that a straight bottom would have washed out also
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok I'll say it "Apache" enough said!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Is it just me or is the rapid throttling edited out of the original link?
Edit it was just me.

Last edited by cheech; 09-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I hate to even do this to you, bro. Can you dig deep and tell some of these guys what it was like to come upon the accident on Smoke? It is still stuck in my head and I will never forget our conversation.

Pat
Not that it matters and is a bad scene and memory for many, I do not know the people involved but I watched that OL role by Holland at the SOTW poker run and have many pics of the boat getting pulled in the channel upside down. when it rolled it looked like a atomic bomb went off!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

In watching one of the videos after the event you can see one of the guys walk up and it looks like he is turning the engines off.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Registered

regardless of what caused it..... lets all be thankful they all can enjoy another day at the lake..
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
In watching one of the videos after the event you can see one of the guys walk up and it looks like he is turning the engines off.
I noticed that also, glad he still had a clear ind to do so, wishing all a speedy recovery!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joe27baja
someone call tosh. O and get them a web redemtion
+1
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 88242LS
IMO no, the boat seemed to be so out of shape that a straight bottom would have washed out also
In reality....depending on the drive posistion ...a stepped bottom has a much greater chance of a blow out -especially- if the operater tucked the drives mistakingly thinking it would clear up the chine walk which most people should know will not. Huge difference from a stepped hull to a straight. To me....IMO........the operater in this video was a little aggressive on the sticks. At least in my experience backing off the throttle that hard during a chine walk only makes the problem worse. A race boat is set up VERY differently than a normal production "poker run" boat....i.e weight, center of gravity...etc. etc. That throttle action might work great in a Phantom but wont even come close in a Lightning. Also, depending on water conditions, you take the momentum out of the boat you could get a bow steer issue which could result in a nasty hook...which may have happened in this video. I've never driven a 38. But I have decent seat time in a couple of 29's and a 42.

Considering none of these people were wearing proper PFDs (LIFELINE) they should all be VERY thankful to be alive. One of my best friends got ejected and died in the same exact situation.

*****PLEASE EVERYBODY WEAR LIFE JACKETS******

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.