Commentary: 32 Doug Wright Poker Run Edition Plays the Part

Notices

Commentary: 32 Doug Wright Poker Run Edition Plays the Part

Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Commentary: 32 Doug Wright Poker Run Edition Plays the Part

Do you know what John "Kap" Caparell went through to get his 32 Doug Wright ready for the LOTO Shootout? Find out how he got his 600-hp, 32-footer to run 113 mph...

http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...-the-part.html
Old 09-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Johnson
Do you know what John "Kap" Caparell went through to get his 32 Doug Wright ready for the LOTO Shootout? Find out how he got his 600-hp, 32-footer to run 113 mph...

http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...-the-part.html
nice work
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Jason,
Definitely a nice ride and run but all of us would love to see some video of the run?
Does he have a any footage?
Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts

I'll check with Kap and see what's he documented, if anything.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

32 foot with twin 300 o/b over 110 mph that is a very nice speed for a large boat , I don't think the other company's smaller 30's will run that fast with the same power

mike
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
32 foot with twin 300 o/b over 110 mph that is a very nice speed for a large boat , I don't think the other company's smaller 30's will run that fast with the same power

mike
If you think Pete at Skater cant build a 32 ft with a very light carbon layup that will atleast run with or outrun this Doug Wright, u are crazy.. look at how many of these pleasure boats are out there,
(not many)there really is no reason anyone would want one(maybe this is y Pete wont build one),it has no swim platform at all,u cant even walk across the back of this boat,so to me its more of a race converted pleasure boat that really is not that fast...
Louie.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Donzi
If you think Pete at Skater cant build a 32 ft with a very light carbon layup that will atleast run with or outrun this Doug Wright, u are crazy.. look at how many of these pleasure boats are out there,
(not many)there really is no reason anyone would want one(maybe this is y Pete wont build one),it has no swim platform at all,u cant even walk across the back of this boat,so to me its more of a race converted pleasure boat that really is not that fast...
Louie.
im sure they can build one , "and I never named any company "" your throwing there name out, not me"" " I think most of the 30's just barely break the 100 mark with twin 300xs motor's , so running 110+ is very good for a 32ft, cat with twin 300xs motor's . that's all im saying .

mike
Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Donzi
Louie.
Everyone has an opinion.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

id like to see a 32 dw next to a 30 skater to see the size difference. i know the sponsons on the skater are huge in comparison to the dw and this is probably what most of the speed difference between the two is. i think the skater will look bigger than the dw due to this and the dw looks really cut down. from the picture it looks like the driver is sitting way over the windcreen so it has to be really shallow so the dw is a very small 32 boat but 113 is 113. 1 mph faster than the the pontoon boat so everything has a perspective
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Jason,
Definitely a nice ride and run but all of us would love to see some video of the run?
Does he have a any footage?
Thanks
Here's some video footage dug up on youtube... It is simply a raw shot of the engines facing the rear for approximately 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WleeA2d6IeU

Last edited by PBR1; 09-05-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.