38'(ish) boats and cabin room

Notices

38'(ish) boats and cabin room

Old 07-10-2002, 12:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38'(ish) boats and cabin room

Can anyone help me with some cabin headroom specs?

Just curious what the various headroom specs are on certin 38' go-fast boats.

I think Hustler S-Shot is 4'10" and Donzi 38ZX is 6'3"., but I'm not absolutely sure. How about others about Cig, Fountain, Sonic (exactly), AT, Baja (36 Oultaw), PQ, any others you can think of.

Also, do you know the v-berth length of those boats? Seems like Sonics are shorter, but not sure the exact size, and seems like PQ are larger, but not sure of the measurements (feet/inches). Can anyone help with those?

Mark
Old 07-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

I may be able to offer a little information. We just purchased a new 36 Outlaw, and one of the reasons is for the cuddy room.

I can tell you that I have a lot more room than a friends 38 Fountain.

The wife and I overnight a lot and it was important to us to get both styling and amenities. We have TV/VCR, Electric Stove, Refrig, Microwave, Sink, enclosed vacu-flush head, two small closets, storage under the seats and the birth.

My wife is 5'4" tall and she can fully stand when she enters the cuddy and arounf the galley area. The head room decreases as you move forward, but I cannot tell you exactly how much. I am 6'1" tall and I am very comfortable in the cuddy. I do have to bend over a little but it is not bad. The head area requires a sit down job because of head room. The lounges are very comfortable, I can stearch out on them, we can seat a total of six adults easy, abd the birth has a lot of room. It has to be close to 7 to 7 1/2 feet long with plenty of head room so that you don't feel closed in.

The one item that takes up the most room is the A/C unit. It uses all the first compartment under the birth and you loose a little space under the lounges where they have run the duct work.

I hope this helps a little. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Check out this link which shows some pictures of the cuddy.

http://cards.webshots.com/cp-2921511...43038664lgkePP

Mark
Old 07-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Baja Boss.
That is one sweet boat. Didn't know you had A/C, etc. That's a must for our next boat. Wife wants to spend more nights on the water, and I want to go home to the new bedroom furniture that took the money for my superchargers. LOL! We, well, I bought our Fountain for speed, but we hooked up with some local go-fast junkies and we find ourselves at the marina every weekend, and it sucks to go home and come back to the boat.

I do like the looks of the Outlaws and like the mostly fiberglas look. You have 500's right? What kind of speed you get with those? I'd assume you have k-planes, hyd steering, etc. I bet it rides great.

Mark
Old 07-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I have been on a 38ZX, very nice, large cuddy, 6'3" headroom, as far as interior width goes it seemed huge, they are a 9'3" beam boat. Lets not forget the boat comes loaded, the power footrests sound silly until you ride in a set.

I will also add the 43 Black Thunder is an Apartment of cuddy space with 6'10" head room, our friends is AWESOME! One huge boat.

The big Nortec's also have a house below, our friends 52' is a vacation home.

You will not find these large Cuddys in the other boats you mentioned.

Good luck.

Bryan
Old 07-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

TROUTLY you never cease to amaze me, now we know it is what you eat! Kiddin, of course...
Usually the poor folk always trash Donzi...
And who won that F2 race anyway? Our 2nd of the year, 1st year back.
Again, just talking boat smackfor fun.....

The Donzi is Large and $high dollar$, we looked at 33's and they were to big for our needs and also high dollar. Plus we tow too much, but they are a nice boat.
We are still lov'n the 26ZX at our house.

If I had my way, Black Thunder is the ticket!

So how was your 4th? Was you keeping the thug drunks off the road or was you able to have some fun too?
Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 07-10-2002 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

BTW Formula 382 is 4'11" would accomodate the Wizard of Oz cast! LOL
Bryan
Old 07-10-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

38 Powerquests have 5'7" of headroom and a 6'10" v-berth that is inverted so you dont have to sleep with your heads crammed together. I think it has enough head room but not too much to mess up the lines of the boat.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Clark Hoesman

I have a 38 ZX and love the room in the cabin. That's why I bought the boat!!! I am with everybody else either Donzi or Black Thunder for cabin space and performance.

Old 07-10-2002, 11:50 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

CLARK, where are ya???? Where do you boat????

We are in our 2nd ZX Donzi, (3rd soon), for a 26ZX we have more cuddy than anyone (8'6" beam), and the 33's and 38's only get better, but out of our usability range, we travel extensively with our boat.
That F250 PSD sometimes feels attached to my A$$ for a weekend away to a new spot.......

BUT like I said, if I had my way and a money tree out front, Black Thunder is the ticket, or two money trees a Nortech.
We have a great boat and love it, and I dare to compare the customer service minus one unhappy guy last year.

Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 07-11-2002 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:59 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

TROUTLY, just saw your post, I type slow...
Thanks for doing your job GREAT and keeping us all safe.

Wish you a great Boating season.....

Oh and will let you know the next time Nancy gets another bogus ticket..... like stopping when a friend did on the highway!
I am sure you remember.... cost me $60 for Failing to Obey Posted Signs.....

Take care man......
Bryan

PS PAINT??? Lets not forget Vacuum bagged and 4 coats of Clear Coat!

Quick Reply: 38'(ish) boats and cabin room

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.