Rehab on a millennium 28 Skater!

Notices

Rehab on a millennium 28 Skater!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 AM
TCG
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the look of the motors, not over done, just enough color to tie it together with the Hull paint. Alot of motors painted to match the hull don't look right. Nice work, I also agree with others- Nothing wrong with it to start with ....but WOW it's even better now!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!! Like everyone else the starting pics weren't so bad, but end result was excellent!!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I always wondered where that boat wound up. I was the original owner. Sold the boat in February 2000 to a guy in Canada. Dean Loucks (TAOD) designed and applied the paint job. The before photos show it still looked great 13 years later. When Dean painted the boat, Boating magazine did a 3 page article on how he designs and applies the paint. The article was called "Glass Tatoo". By the way, that boat is hull number 100.

The resto and new paint job are awesome. I'm guessing the new owner is stoked. I sold that boat when I ordered a 32 Skater. Not long after, I realized that the 28 is such a cool boat to have that I started looking for another one. Five years later, I found another one hull number 97 (also painted by Dean), bought it and I still have it. Skaters rule!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
I was thinking about you when I saw this thread. Still need a ride in your 28. By next spring you should have enough seat time to be trustworthy.

XT, the boat looks GREAT!
Casey let me know about the thread so I had to come check it out.

I just got the 28 back the week before Isaac so I haven't even put fuel in it yet...the waiting is killing me!! this weekend if full of crap too so no boating at all. may have to take a day off next week and go run it
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Very nice work all the way around. I may never order a new boat but doing something like this is prob in my future.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolSpot
I always wondered where that boat wound up. I was the original owner. Sold the boat in February 2000 to a guy in Canada. Dean Loucks (TAOD) designed and applied the paint job. The before photos show it still looked great 13 years later. When Dean painted the boat, Boating magazine did a 3 page article on how he designs and applies the paint. The article was called "Glass Tatoo". By the way, that boat is hull number 100.

The resto and new paint job are awesome. I'm guessing the new owner is stoked. I sold that boat when I ordered a 32 Skater. Not long after, I realized that the 28 is such a cool boat to have that I started looking for another one. Five years later, I found another one hull number 97 (also painted by Dean), bought it and I still have it. Skaters rule!
When Ted the current owner chimes in he will tell you that he originally just was going to change the thin Pink stripe to another color. Well that idea just progressed to the point of all new paint and interior. Yep my photo proves hull #100.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Rehab on a millennium 28 Skater!-img_0171.jpg  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Ted,
Your boat is awesome. Hope to see it person one day! I am getting ready for some winter upgrades also.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Beautiful, looks fantastic.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
When Ted the current owner chimes in he will tell you that he originally just was going to change the thin Pink stripe to another color. Well that idea just progressed to the point of all new paint and interior. Yep my photo proves hull #100.

XT
well, it took Mr Hledin 8 years to build 100 28's...my 1992 is hull #1.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator

XT
Your work is outstanding! The boat looks fantatstic. That's the nice thing about these threads. There are a lot of people now who know where they can get first quality work who may never have found you. Congratulations to you and Ted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.