Notices

Bahamas APBA race

Old 07-13-2002, 10:08 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,723 Likes on 3,792 Posts

It makes no sense to make a schedule if you cant stick to it, I certainly believe that if the nationals are held there, it will have a poor showing due to a lot of teams are struggling to make events in the country, due to lack of sponsorship. there is a lot of planning that has to happen to get all the teams there, what if they have mechanical problems on the transport there?? then will they be screwed? this is not the way to attract potential sponsors. the bottom line is the racers and the teams should vote where we race, when you look at scambling leadership you wonder if the ship is sinking.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maximus,

You're right, that's what I want to know too. For a while, the word was that the race was going to be moved to the gulf side, near St. Pete Beach...Then it was back in the bay and now, well, who knows what's going on?

What's wrong with St. Pete?(besides $ ?'s) I imagine the Bay race should be pretty popular. There's no better venue(besides Key West) as far as convenience is concerned. The dry pits, wet pits, hotels, entertainment and race course are literally all within walking distance. No long idles, no long tows when broken down and no better viewing exists elsewhere(again, except Key West)
Old 07-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The word I heard was that the Bahamas was not replacing a race...only 40 boats could go and it was by invitation...just what I heard
Old 07-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Registered

The Bahamas date was announced in the drivers meeting at the Savannah race. The boats and rigs will stage in Fl Lauderdale a week before the race to be loaded on a ship and sent over to the Bahamas. APBA would not confirm if it will replace any other race event but I think it will due to the two weeks of transport time required.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Registered

38 ZR,Is that u Donzi?Congrats on this years F-2 run.If they don`t make it here thats gonna bite.This is your backyard and alota fanfare here.I even scheduled my vacation around it.Maybe I`ll head down to the keys via Ft.Meyers ferry cat.Like Maximus said,Sarasota had us so far back the beach would have been a closer venue then on the water.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..with all due respect..as stated earlier..why go to the Bahamas when the sites stateside are not locked-up??..and you're light on boats??

I know SBI has been racing there for years..is this another shot at SBI from the "powers that be" from the other side??

..the P_ssing contest continues....

BTW...how ya' been BG??..still comin' back home for Jersey City??

Last edited by BODYSHOT1; 07-14-2002 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

PokerFace, I was never Da Man for the A/C race. I was going to help but it was Dave P and his Dad Ray along with NJPPC that were putting the race together.

Look to me for info on the races in Point Pleasant and Seaside NJ with SBI/OPA. Next race is Friday August 16th in Point Pleasant NJ. This will be an SBI National race and should draw over 40 boats.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:29 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Why should they. This organizations President just STOLE the supercat & supercat lt records from the teams that worked so hard to earn them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please explain. I don't understand what you mean.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:12 AM
Boat Girl

Hey Marty...I'm doing good...long couple of weeks with back to back races to prep for...

Baja Daze...As far as transport, I can tell you how SBI did it a couple of years ago, they used SeaBoard, loaded everything, trucks, support vehicles, floating docks...there is a lot of paperwork for customs that needs to be considered, also, air freight is out of the question for parts due to hazmat and oil and hydraulic fluid and stuff...load all you can in the boat...rent a truck on the other side, but all the boats are off loaded and transported to the dry pits, which for SBI was Potters Cay, under the bridge that connects to Paradise Island...and ya really dont need a car once you are there...

Old 07-15-2002, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply, Boat Girl! That explains it.

Quick Reply: Bahamas APBA race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.