Notices

Boating Dog of the week!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
My boy. (brown one) 14 1/2 yrs old and had him since I could hold him in one hand and been everywhere w/me and on all the boats.
Unfortunately, life has caught up w/him and his owner is trying to get up the stones to take him to the vet one last time. Had him when I had nothing. W/no kids......, he's as close as I've been.
Had an appointment last Friday and canceled it.
Probably in the next couple days.

Mrs GLBoatDriver and I feel your pain. It is a hard decision. You just gotta follow your heart for the timing and know that you made the pup's life a great one.

Last edited by glboatdriver; 09-25-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I think all of us who have had animals that we have lived with and loved for any time at all feel your pain. It is never easy to say goodbye to a long time friend such as him. But like GLboatDriver has said you have to go with your heart and know that it is what you need to do for him now. Good luck my friend trust me when I say I have been there I know it hurts.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Thanks Guys.

Originally Posted by Slow Poke
I think all of us who have had animals that we have lived with and loved for any time at all feel your pain. It is never easy to say goodbye to a long time friend such as him. But like GLboatDriver has said you have to go with your heart and know that it is what you need to do for him now. Good luck my friend trust me when I say I have been there I know it hurts.
He's still holding on but I think it's time. I'm lucky that I'm working out around the house so I can leave him out and keep an eye on him but he basically struggles to one part of the yard, 50' from the door and either lays down or falls down and doesn't move the rest of the day. He's not in pain and he's alert but he won't get back up.
We thought he was fighting back over the weekend but now I think he's given up.
Looking at taking him in the end of the week.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boating Dog of the  week!-lake%5B1%5D.jpg
Don't let the lifeline fool ya. Lake, contrary to his name hates water. A close 2nd would be small boats. He fell off the barge a few times in the winter, can't blame him really. However the real adventurer is leelee the chihuahua. If you have a fast boat my girlfriend says she needs goggles. WALA!
Attached Thumbnails Boating Dog of the  week!-leea%5B1%5D.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Attachments_2012_09_25.zip (64.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bestest Buddy REO!! He just had major leg surgery! He has been on a pontoon 1 X!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Boating Dog of the  week!-008.jpg   Boating Dog of the  week!-009.jpg   Boating Dog of the  week!-010.jpg  

Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Slow Poke
+100
MY OLD LAB MADE IT 15 YRS - I HOPED HE'D SLIP AWAY IN THE NIGHT,BUT NO, AND IT WAS THE LONGEST DRIVE I EVER TOOK-THE PRICE WE PAY FOR UNQUESTIONED LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP.
MY NEW POUND HOUND HASN'T BEEN ON THE BOAT YET, BUT WILL NEARLY DROWN HIMSELF ENDLESSLY RETRIEVING STICKS........I MAY HAVE A HARD TIME KEEPING HIM ON BOARD )
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
He's still holding on but I think it's time. I'm lucky that I'm working out around the house so I can leave him out and keep an eye on him but he basically struggles to one part of the yard, 50' from the door and either lays down or falls down and doesn't move the rest of the day. He's not in pain and he's alert but he won't get back up.
We thought he was fighting back over the weekend but now I think he's given up.
Looking at taking him in the end of the week.
My heart goes out to you . I know just how hard it is . He'll be waiting for you when your journey is over . deep
Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
My bestest Buddy REO!! He just had major leg surgery! He has been on a pontoon 1 X!!!!
Brotha REO wants a ride on your Speedwagon !!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered

Default Rusty

Couldn't get it to link last night. Let's try again.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S...%252525201.JPG

Last edited by Louie; 09-25-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Wife saw this thread, thought I should post this vid of our adrenaline junkie. She (Jenny) was raised around big, loud, and fast toys.....loves a good triple digit blast. Need to hold on to her at those speeds since she starts to levitate around the cockpit over 100, her 11lbs. won't keep her on the floor due to the negative air pressure at higher speeds.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxkuyrjDSg&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.