Notices

Sv29/ilmor 725/indy

Old 03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I am pretty sure we are all DROOLING over that rooster tail!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
One great boat with an awesome engine package!! Just good good stuff all around on this piece. Can't wait to hear speed #s when it's all dialed!! Congrats
+1. Going to be excellent once Peter gets her all dialed. I hope his build fuels others to do the small OL with our stuff.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The roostertail is impressive. Glad that you're up and running!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MIskier
Peter,

That is an amazing looking boat! I'm a newly graduated Naval Architect and my interest is in high speed craft and human factors, what you have posted about your by wire control systems greatly interested me. If you would be willing I would love to talk to you more about the product that you are developing.

Hi MIskier,
Thanks i would be more than willing to discuss aspects of the fly-by-wire steering system but i wouldn't want to divulge too much on a open forum, thanks for your interest.

Peter
Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Registered

Hi All,
Our month in America seemed to go very quickly...... arrived back in England yesterday and it has rained almost continuously for the past 24 hours so we are already planning our next adventure......
Now back in England i will be making some special components for the trim and tab pumps to make it easier to find the sweet spot for both. I will also be making a carbon fibre bracket to hold a depth sounder that will fit in the notched transom next to the water pickup.
Before i even ran the boat i modified the raw water cooling system with parts i manufactured in England before leaving, i fitted a balance pipe between the header water injector rails and modified the water transfer pipes between the header and tails this has the effect of reducing the back pressure on the water pump balancing the flow between the headers and significantly reducing the temperature of the headers and tails which also reduces the engine bay temperature so in turn you get more power and all components will live longer and no blue headers...
I also drilled a small bleed hole in the bottom of the outside of the tails so they empty completely when you switch of the motor.
Rooster tail almost got us into trouble on a couple of occasions it is very high at lower speeds so you have to make sure you pass other vessels on their down wind side!! we were hoping to get into triple digits before we got back to England but unfortunately it was a little too windy and rough although we did manage several passes in the low 90's, so we will be back in about 8 weeks with some new parts and we are also shipping some tools from England so hopefully we will get some better testing weather.

Regards
Peter
Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Peter, it was good to meet with you in FLA. We look forward to seeing your new and innovative products. We appreciate free thinking individuals who can offer improved and or new hardware for our sport.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all the guys that are boat nuts and havent allready, check out Peters buid here in England , Go to BOAT MAD well worth a look .
Old 03-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peterunwin
Hi MIskier,
Thanks i would be more than willing to discuss aspects of the fly-by-wire steering system but i wouldn't want to divulge too much on a open forum, thanks for your interest.

Peter
Peter,

I completely understand you not wanting to divulge information on a public forum. You can reach me at mwelton at uno.edu
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Registered

Hi all,
We are coming back to Fort Lauderdale at the end of next week with some new parts that i will be fitting and testing prior to us going to Key West for our holiday. The Boat is kept at Mclean Motorsports and we currently use haulover for launch and recovery but we find the drive from F Lauderdale to haulover a bit of a pain, as the trailer is aluminium with deep side sections we don't have a lot of ground clearance so we need launch ramps with quite a shallow break over angle, we also need a facility with a landing stage, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peter
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Hey Peter, how's it going. Did you get a chance to look at John U Lloyd ramp? There are a couple more near tthe shop that I use regularly but a little longer ride to the ocean. Hollywood Public on Polk street and another approx quarter mile away at the east end of Johnson Street. Johnson Street Ramp has a very shallow angle is is not busy at all even on the weekends. Perfect if you need to fiddle while still on the trailer. Stop by the shop when you get back, we can take a run over there. Less than 10 min.

Chris.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.