Notices

question for you...

Old 07-12-2002, 12:07 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for you...

Say, is anybody running a Imco low mount alternator and ps bracket? I have the ps pump mounted, but the lower stud is too short to put a nut on it. I was wondering how your setup is configured. Anybody know of a longer stud?
Old 07-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Ok, I talked to IMCO and they said that they've never run into this problem before. Apparantly all the other studs in the world are longer than mine is. Of course, they also told me months ago that there was no way to tension the ps pump either. I guess these guys arn't too familiar with their product. Is anybody able to help me here?

BTW-the pump is stock off of a '88 454 mag.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Registered

Cord,
I recently purchased the IMCO bracket to replace my Merc part and had no problems with the mounting stud. I did have a problem with the low pressure line interfering with my stringer. I had to remove the curved tube and braze a straight one in its place. I do believe the stud is replaceable and is used to hold the tank onto the pump. Has yours been shortened? I have an old pump that I can remove the stud from if you need it.

Todd
Old 07-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Any interest in trading? My stud is a stock merc, so there must of been a change over the years.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Registered

Mine is from '89 330 bravo and worked fine but I was not the original owner. Things have a way of changing over the years. I am in the process of moving to the lake this weekend so it will be sometime late Sun before I will be able to get back to you. The spare is at the shop and I will check it out when I am there.

Todd
Old 07-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Hmmmm. Mine is close to that year also. Maybe, I'll measure the length tonight and post the data.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cord din't I give you that thing? Now you know why. I got so damn frustrated with it that I gave up. They were TOTALLY USSELESS with ANY tech help. NO one has ever had a problem they told me yada yada yada. Well I guess that makes two at leaste

Jon
Old 07-13-2002, 11:07 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yes, their support is less than acceptable. Hell, if you don't know the correct answer don't BS me!
Old 07-13-2002, 11:34 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

You have mail!
Old 07-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Registered

Well my spare has a 1/2" long threaded stud but the one on my boat is at least 1/2" longer. I feel your pain. Everything that I have done on my project has been the same way, I just got lucky on this part. Since this just screws in, can you not try using a threaded rod with a nut? Or find long bolt to go thru the bracket then a spacer and into the pump body.

Todd

Quick Reply: question for you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.