Found The Perfect Boat For Me! >

Found The Perfect Boat For Me!

Notices

Found The Perfect Boat For Me!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Found The Perfect Boat For Me!

Man, got turned on to a beautiful straight bottom gun in seriously like new condition, one owner boat and being gone through by the predominant Cig builder in the world. New motors, drives, freshen up everything. I know it is going to come out killer and is just what I'm looking for.

I posted another thread about my next boat purchase and my concerns about our country's economic future. I made the decision to buy a Gun and this one pops up (thanks to all that let me know about it).

Unfortunately, it is a bit out of my price range right now. I could probably swing it in a year or two but not right now.

I sent all the info to a buddy of mine who is also in the market and I think, can afford it. Hopefully he will pick it up.

Anyway, now that I re punched my financial numbers I'm back to another dilemma: stay boatless and continue to save $ or buy a cheaper boat now and plan on moving up in a few more years.

I'm inclined to stay boatless for now and bum rides off friends but I hate to be "that guy" that's always looking for a ride. I make it a point to always buy lunch /dinner or what ever but I sometimes feel like an intruder.

If I buy a cheaper, smaller boat now I will have to deal with reselling it later, most likely at a loss. Plus, when I am ready a deal like the one I just found comes along then I have to scramble to sell the other boat.

On the other hand, I may find a boat that I really like and may not need to move up. There are a couple I'm looking at and I'd like to test drive them to see if they will fit my needs but don't want to jerk around sellers either.

Damn, I should have picked richer parents!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry to hear that Gun didn't work out, but as my Dad always said about missing out on a house you wanted to buy, "There's always one that is even better". I think it applies for just about any large purchase of something used, including boats.

Good luck with your search.

Michael
Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

save and get what you want, none of my friends have boats, I enjoy having them come with me. I provide the boat they bring the food & drinks, or bait if we are going fishing. One year won't be to bad two might be pushing it.

So what did you finally decide? Sounds like pay cash or nothing.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
save and get what you want, none of my friends have boats, I enjoy having them come with me. I provide the boat they bring the food & drinks, or bait if we are going fishing. One year won't be to bad two might be pushing it.

So what did you finally decide? Sounds like pay cash or nothing.
That's my policy these days. I'm doing the wait and see thing for now but it is tough being boatless after so many years.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Man, got turned on to a beautiful straight bottom gun in seriously like new condition, one owner boat and being gone through by the predominant Cig builder in the world. New motors, drives, freshen up everything. I know it is going to come out killer and is just what I'm looking for.

I posted another thread about my next boat purchase and my concerns about our country's economic future. I made the decision to buy a Gun and this one pops up (thanks to all that let me know about it).

Unfortunately, it is a bit out of my price range right now. I could probably swing it in a year or two but not right now.

I sent all the info to a buddy of mine who is also in the market and I think, can afford it. Hopefully he will pick it up.

Anyway, now that I re punched my financial numbers I'm back to another dilemma: stay boatless and continue to save $ or buy a cheaper boat now and plan on moving up in a few more years.

I'm inclined to stay boatless for now and bum rides off friends but I hate to be "that guy" that's always looking for a ride. I make it a point to always buy lunch /dinner or what ever but I sometimes feel like an intruder.

If I buy a cheaper, smaller boat now I will have to deal with reselling it later, most likely at a loss. Plus, when I am ready a deal like the one I just found comes along then I have to scramble to sell the other boat.

On the other hand, I may find a boat that I really like and may not need to move up. There are a couple I'm looking at and I'd like to test drive them to see if they will fit my needs but don't want to jerk around sellers either.

Damn, I should have picked richer parents!
Save Your money to buy the gun You wan't. an be the best first mate You can be on a friends boat. Handle lines keep the boat wiped down all day an make sure everyone on the boat does there part so the captain don't have to ask. He well not wont to leave You behind if You make His trip more enjoyable for Him. He will be sad when You get Your new boat an won't be there to help Him. Take over the resonsabilaty of His guest so all He has to do is drive an enjoy His day. Keep everyone safe an He will love You for this. Just My 2 cents. Artie
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find a donzi 22 classic and go have some fun..you wont loose any money and they are a riot to drive..
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

its a bit away, but what a deal

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/3320711660.html
Old 10-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that has got to be 1 of the worst looking platforms ive ever seen .oh and the speakers made into the engine hatch go right along with it .more like a saddle on a pig
Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
that has got to be 1 of the worst looking platforms ive ever seen .oh and the speakers made into the engine hatch go right along with it .more like a saddle on a pig
agreed!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Al, I saw the cig you're talking about. It is going to be sick when he's done. Super clean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.