195 MPH ride on Jet Set today >

195 MPH ride on Jet Set today

Notices

195 MPH ride on Jet Set today

Old 07-14-2002, 12:36 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watch www.njppc.com for all the results.

Last edited by Ron P; 07-14-2002 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Registered

Any chance that he would bring it to LOTO for the Shootout and give David Scott a run?
Old 07-14-2002, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Ron ! You got in the seat finaly huh ! Cool idin't it ! Where did you sit ?front or back ? I sat in back .It's cheating if you sit in front under the canopy ,like my girl friend did . the wind dosen't rip the skin off your face like it does in the back seat !

so tell me , you remember your racing days ? YOu probably ran 80-90 maybe 100 mph in full gear . Helmets ,jackets ect. Now you ran almost 100 mph faster then you probably ever raced and didn't even wear a helmet or vest did you ?? ME either ! Thank GOD we made it to talk about it .........
Old 07-14-2002, 11:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

No helmets, no jackets, no brains.

The fastest I ever went in a boat was 85MPH many years ago in a 30 Chris Cat. Then it was 97 in Mr Technology, my old race boat. Then it was 140 in the 46 Skater Ruthless (This was not opened up, Ruthless can run 170) now 195. And like it was on rails. Just pure speed on what felt like the salt flats. Not a bobble nor did he touch the trim button looking for speed. It just took throttle and it looked like he had and inch left to go.

I did comment to Mike that he should wear a kill switch lanyard at all times. He does tend to turn it hard at high speed. I swear it was over 1g in the turn. I figuere if he gets tossed it might shut off somewhere around South Carolina.

I got to take two E ticket rides, once in the backseat on the end and once in the front seat. In the back my eyes were jumping and it was hard to focus on the speedo in the back I think my heart was pounding becuase it was vibration free. I liked seeing the strange jet gauges and the little toggle to steer the 40 HP kicker motor. In the front seat it was amazing, like being stapped to one of those test bed rocket engines on a rail sled. It justed pushed faster and faster. I guess the RPM range goes from about 2000 at idle to like 100,000 it's just amazing to behold. On both rides we had two Marine Police officers who always wanted to see what it was like to go fast on the water. Now they know. So do I. Holy **** is it fast.

Then Mike, the ultimate show off, loves to hit the button marked "Show Biz" that dumps the fuel into the exhaust to blow the flames. See Video 2 on the link to Darren's site.

Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2002, 12:15 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Final thought.

At about 160 you start to get the feeling that your only a sheared bolt away from being the subject of an unfortunate OSO post. If anything were to let go at that speed it would be .....

Mike has been running this boat for about 5 years now. You would think he would need to get the bottom re-gel coated every year or two from the abrasive salt water. He does trailer it home every weekend so I bet he has a mechanic at the shop make sure everything stays tight. It looked and ran perfectly.

Whenever someone would ask Mike anything about the speed, power, concern for safety, or lack of sanity, he would always reply that it's all about respect for it.

Repect Jet Set.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that is a sick boat, ive heard stories about it, I hope one day I can go for a spin in it.......
Old 07-15-2002, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Your right Ron , That boat is gone over every time out . It is torn down often for maintenance on the drives just to be sure !
Old 07-15-2002, 08:30 AM
onemomoto

I went 180 in it WOW. I also found out that it slow down as fast it speeds up , it needs more handles!!!

Old 07-15-2002, 12:30 PM
NJScarab

Is this the boat thats parked at the rental place on 206 down by flemington?

Quick Reply: 195 MPH ride on Jet Set today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.