Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ooh..ooh..me.me.me...I'm first!..NO Cuts.. damn it GoodFella.. I SAID NO CUTS... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28654-ooh-ooh-me-me-me-im-first-no-cuts-damn-goodfella-i-said-no-cuts.html)

RiverGirl 07-14-2002 05:25 AM

ooh..ooh..me.me.me...I'm first!..NO Cuts.. damn it GoodFella.. I SAID NO CUTS...

1 Attachment(s)
I'm first to get my ride on a C-55 by Callan Marine.
:D

I saw this beauty sitting at the Yatch Marina in Ft. Laudi a few months back. Didn't have a clue what it was, but look'd like speed was involved and that's #1 on the list.

So anyway... Im browsing in PB Mag and see a print add for the boat.
got the url address and was on the site in a matter of seconds....
check it out ... its NIIIIIIIIIIIICCCEE.

little info on the 55' C55 Performance Yatch=
C55, 55-ft. vessel with its Kevlar-reinforced fiberglass hull
- 13-ft. beam
- displaces 30,000 pounds and will cruise at 115 mph all day. (Thats all day boys @ 115mph!) Yeeeellloow!
- Twin T55 military helicopter turbines (3750 hp each) :eek:
- AND a single 300-hp Yanmar diesel.
- fly-by-wire controls built into the joystick handles
- custom touch-screen control panel.
from a bit of investigation it was unveiled at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show, back in 99-2000.
I never heard anything..
:rolleyes:
www.callanmarine.com

NASTY HABIT 07-14-2002 05:47 AM

Rigged by Marine Performance in Daytona ...saw it at thier shop several months back they were pretty busy that day so I didn't really have time to check it out, it was taking up ALOT of room that's for sure.....

Payton 07-14-2002 08:15 AM

Looks small. I'll take 2.;)

Goodfella 07-14-2002 08:33 AM

Hey RG,
I am jealous:D What is being actually built for? Pleasure or government contracts? Also we are sea trialing Jay and Bob
Muller's Super Cat on Wedsnday. Ryan Beckley is putting
some vinyl on it before hand. Would like some OSO logos
for it. Can you tighten us up with a couple?:cool:

H2Xmark 07-14-2002 09:35 AM

man that is one bad ass machine{can i say that} sorry:D

Tonto 07-14-2002 12:22 PM

Yeap that is one neat ride. It's pretty cool running along in air conditioned comfort at 100mph :D

Robert

BODYSHOT1 07-14-2002 07:55 PM

RG..who has more fun than you?!!;) :D

RiverGirl 07-14-2002 09:08 PM

Oh guys, I could only dream of being able to go on a ride on the C55.

On Wednesday eh...?
I think I might be able to get a few together before hand.

Saw you today @ the races ... whats the rush.....
you were hi-tailing it to the other side of the bar..? :eek: :rolleyes: :p :p

Tonto,
this the one you were telling me about....
oh boy, I bet that was a ride.;)

h2xmark... you're fine.;)

Tonto 07-14-2002 09:20 PM

Yeap, that's the one :D . It's pretty funny looking pulling out of the marina with the little Yanmar humming along on a 55' boat. It holds 2000 gals. of fuel and burns around 700 gal/hour. Can't go too far on a load of fuel, but you get there QUICK. I think they have something else in the works........:p Hope you had fun at the races today. I hear the weather was great :cool: . Not much rough water either. Been packing the boat getting ready for Chicago, WOOOOOOHOOOOOO, here we go again :D
Robert

RiverGirl 07-14-2002 09:27 PM

BODYSHOT ..... that would be Tonto!

Tonto... it's not nice to rub it in! it's just not...
it's just not fair, not fair at all ... I'm gonna go pout now...................
talk to you soo;)

holy moly ......
2000 gal:eek:
2000 x $1.50 = YIKES:eek:

Tonto 07-14-2002 09:35 PM

Yea but I've been home all weekend cleaning the boat from Savannah and getting ready to go, not playing in the south Fl. all weekend. I'm the one that's jealous :cool:
Robert

DJD 07-14-2002 11:09 PM

So Robert, did you learn anything at the rehab ctr.?;)
You should come up to the Manhasset Poker run on Long Island.
Not a bad tow at all from where you are!
They also have Rum up here ka know:eek:

Tonto 07-14-2002 11:19 PM

Yea all those people in rehab are BORING :mad: . So when is the poker run? Good to hear from you, how's the Post? Made res. for Key West, are you going?
Robert

MrCIG 07-15-2002 09:51 AM

Robert,
Remember Rehab is for quitters. Remeber what your momma told you. Never quit.

See ya Saturday.

Mark

BODYSHOT1 07-15-2002 10:43 AM

RG,

I dunno..sounds like you're doing pretty well yourself! :p

Dean Ferry 07-15-2002 11:48 AM

Callen Marine and Marine Performance have designed and built this boat from the ground up! It is truly a "one of a kind" boat! John Cosker, (The Naval Designer who designed this beauty) and his partner, John Pompi, (one of the best riggers in the business, who learned 1st hand from Don Aronow) are some of the greatest guys you will ever meet!!:cool:
BTW, Callen Marine/Marine Performance have a NEW, WILDER project in the works, that, hopefully, will be debuting later this summer!! I'll keep the board posted as things progress!
RG, if you get a ride on this monster before I do, I will be BUMMED! Come to think of it, I want to ride in the new"Project" boat! :D
Cosker, are you hearing me??:D
MD

RiverGirl 07-15-2002 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Dean Ferry
Callen Marine and Marine Performance have designed and built this boat from the ground up! It is truly a "one of a kind" boat! John Cosker, (The Naval Designer who designed this beauty) and his partner, John Pompi, (one of the best riggers in the business, who learned 1st hand from Don Aronow) are some of the greatest guys you will ever meet!!:cool:
BTW, Callen Marine/Marine Performance have a NEW, WILDER project in the works, that, hopefully, will be debuting later this summer!! I'll keep the board posted as things progress!
RG, if you get a ride on this monster before I do, I will be BUMMED! Come to think of it, I want to ride in the new"Project" boat! :D
Cosker, are you hearing me??:D
MD

oooh dean,
you are most likely to get a ride before I.
BUT, we can work as a team here.
There are enough seats for both of us!
RG:D

CigDaze 07-15-2002 04:07 PM

That is truly one incredible craft!
How's it going, Dean? I was waiting for you to speak up. ;)

Looking forward to learn how things are going over there in Daytona...BTW, the sticker looks good on the truck. L8R!

Dean Ferry 07-15-2002 04:18 PM

RG,
Sounds good!
BD,
I'll call you later this week and give you a "Spy" update!:cool:
John called me the other day and asked if I wanted to join Callen crew/team? I regretably had to tell Mr. Callen that I'm sooo fricking busy @ LM, that I'd have to pass!:(
Ahhh, such is the life of scum bug, low life, sub-contractor!
MD

CigDaze 07-15-2002 04:21 PM

Ouch Dean, that's gotta hurt! I know how you feel, though...really busy here too. I'm not complaining, however! It's nice to have work in our industry, especially in these times!

Take care buddy! Talk to you later!

MarinePerformance 07-15-2002 09:30 PM

OK Dean you finally dragged me back out to this board. Unlike you dole milking the government workers (Dean Ferry - no offense to anyone else) I had to drag myself out from under a couple of turbines and clean the Kerosene off my hands to actually operate my keyboard.

We're doing a lot of testing with the 55 and are getting ready to build a diesel version of it with an integral swim platform - 80+ mph - cruise at 70 for about a week - tooling mods are in the works now.

We are just finishing the latest Callan project. Can't say to much now - maybe just this.

C-55 horsepower to weight - 4.27 lb. per hp

New boat - 2 lb. per hp

Yes turbines again - and just imagine if it's a CAT!

We're burning thousands of gallons of fuel this summer to get ready for a particular event.

Is the CAT out of the bag or is it just tickling your curiosity?

jc

PS: Hey Tonto when are you coming down for another ride?

PSS: River Girl - when you buy 10,000 gal. of fuel at a time they give you a bit of a discount.

RiverGirl 07-16-2002 11:02 AM

Weeeell ... I would hope so!;)

Dean Ferry 07-16-2002 11:09 AM

JC,
1st off, the only one in that shop under the turbines is Buddy!! He's the only who works HARD enough to get dirty! You never leave your 'puter, at least that's what Pompi tells me!!
2nd off, it's me and my co-workers who build the WORLD'S BEST WEAPONS that keep your butt safe @ night, so you can PLAY with all these toys all day long, so take that!:D
Tell Dave thanks a million for the offer for the ride today, but I'm too busy defending the USA to come over and play, ( this really pains me!!) Plus Ally's sick today so I might have to go home and play Mr. Mom!!
Call me later and let me know how she ran!
MD
:cool:

offshoreone 07-17-2002 07:12 PM

Callan C-55

I've been following the C-55 since Ft Lauderdale debut and have been real impressed by the awesome machine and its builders. I've seen them around Daytona and the whole show is real impressive. Including the new Marine Performance shop. I can't wait to hear more about the new project JC talked about. Maybe I'll get lucky and see them test it around here somewhere. Nothing does more for me than to see a couple of good looking guys flying over the water in a fast boat. I'm in my fantasyland at some of those boat races. Does anyone know the status of the male C-55 crew members?? Could they be interested in a chick who knows her way around an engine room??;)

thisistank 07-17-2002 07:32 PM

Wait wait wait...Maybe I'm missing something here.....Besides the lay up and engine package...Explain to me how this boat is different from the 40 Advantage that was released about 2-3 years ago and had poor sales do to the fact the thing was a nightmare to dock and drive as a pleasure cruiser. This boat looks identical to the other boat.

Tonto 07-17-2002 11:21 PM

tank
Not even in the same league. BTDT :D

John
Ya'll coming up for the poker run this year? Aug. 10

Robert

Dean Ferry 07-18-2002 07:50 AM

Tank,
Like Robert said, it's not even close to anything out there. Go to www.marineperformance.com or www.callanmarine.com and read more about it. This boat has design features on it that are found on this boat ONLY. You really have to see the boat to appreciate the technology behind it, Right Baja Daze?:D
MD:cool:

MarinePerformance 07-19-2002 09:47 AM

Same as the 40 Advantage? I don't know where to start. No offense to the guys at Advantage, I think they build a good boat, but they aren't quite the same.

How about if I leave it at this

7,500 hp

Cruised in excess of 100 mph the other day for 1 1/2 hours with the biggest problem being keeping the AC level right.

The other difficulty was out accelerating the photo helicopter, and having to wait for it to catch back up with us.

jc

Dean Ferry 07-19-2002 10:04 AM

JC,
I'm still bumming that I couldn't break away from LM the other day to go for that BLAST out in the Atlantic!:( In fact, I was approached on that same day about supporting another contract under "Deane' Engineering"! I know how you feel, there is only 24 hrs. a day to work, then there's nights!!
Tell Dave, THANKS very much for the offer, and hopefully, here in the near future, I can log some "Flight" time in the C-55!! If I could only pick the correct 6 numbers!:cool:
BTW, don't forget about the TIKI bar Labor Day party, (9/1/02, Sunday) In fact, I'll have my HQ call your HQ to make sure it gets scheduled in!
MD

CigDaze 07-19-2002 10:05 AM

You're 100% right on, Dean!
Nothing compares...Very impressive!;)

offshoreone 07-19-2002 12:03 PM

jc on Callan C-55

I can't believe you were flying around at that speed waiting for the helicopter. Sounds soooo exciting. I don't know how anyone can think this boat is a redo of the Advantage. I agree with Toto et al about not even the same league. As I asked before... what is the status of the team... any room for another??

Dean Ferry 07-19-2002 12:41 PM

Rivergirl,
Looks like you have some competition from "Offshoreone"!:D
Welcome to OSO, Offshoreone!
BTW, JC is married and his wife is real pretty, and she has an Italian temper, so I'd be careful!:eek:
MD

Shorgasm 07-19-2002 01:29 PM

Oh you guys would be soo jealous...........me and my partner where down cleaning a buddies boat at marine performance last week.........we pull down the street and HOLY CHIT....this thing is sitting half in the road and half in their driveway........this thing is absolutley MASSIVE..........

To give you a real life scale.......they had a 40 something OUTERLIMITS sitting there also........IT looked like a dingy compared to this Callan55.......this tub is soo tall you wouldn't beleive it........and we were working on a 38 Scarab.....:rolleyes:

Oh those boys and their big toys.......;)

Hey JC......why don't you tell the guys about what's inside the shop......ya know the "other turbine" :D

Oops.......Hope I didn't let the CAT out of the bag......:cool:

MarinePerformance 07-19-2002 02:16 PM

I think within a month the CAT is going to be out of the bag and will have shredded it up and eaten it. Testing starts next week.....

Starting lamination soon of the next boat to fill the shop up with. Just boring old diesel power but hopefully over 80 mph top speed. Even longer than the 55.

jc

CigDaze 07-19-2002 02:22 PM

Hey Shor'

The 'other' boat is something else isn't it...;) Awesome!

JC,
It was cool meeting you guys in April(What a shop!!!), good luck with testing! :cool:

Shorgasm 07-19-2002 02:36 PM

Well..........it outta set some new records .......Oops...did I say that......;)

You guys have a jolly good day!!!!!!!!:D

loosecannon22 07-20-2002 02:39 PM

Just got back from Marine performance. all I have to say is yikes!!
the new project is wild, Put it this way, they need a 1000 amp connector just for the starters!! not very much room in that one for riders, maybe I can get a ride on the c-55 one day, what do ya think guys??

RiverGirl 07-20-2002 05:51 PM

Originally posted by Dean Ferry
Rivergirl,
Looks like you have some competition from "Offshoreone"!:D
Welcome to OSO, Offshoreone!
BTW, JC is married and his wife is real pretty, and she has an Italian temper, so I'd be careful!:eek:
MD

No need to worry about me...
That is not a priority here. I respect marriage and really could careless if he is single.
Nooow .. To see, learn and if I was lucky to experience a ride... now that is a whole other story!

no need to explain anymore... I think you know where my interest lies.
;) :cool:

BODYSHOT1 07-21-2002 02:12 AM

RG..

Dudette...

..you are the coolest!! :cool:

Hope to meet you soon!!

Marty..

BTW..wore the OSO shirt today..;)

THANKS!!...again

RiverGirl 07-23-2002 12:39 PM

Your Welcome Marty..... ;)