Notices

Jersey Radar Shootout

Old 07-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone take any pics???

I went down to "watch" (i smoked a drive or else i would have ran).

There were some bad boats down there to say the least! i saw alot of people with camera's taking pics and video's. Maybe someone will post for you guys who couldn't make it.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

That little Donzi was scary fast. Great way to start the day.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Registered

Once again DaveP and crew did a phenominal job! Thanks so much for a great time!

Shanghied Again,
Thanks for the boat ride. Good to see you Melissa.

Mr. Patnaude, great job on the announcing.

T2x and Darren, as always a true pleasure and good luck with your upcoming "event"!

Philip and Kim, great to see you guys again.

Bodyshot, I am jealous of you running in Jet Set. Good luck on getting the Sutphen up to NJ.

Mike Merola, I hope those shots come out nice.

John O'Laughlin, nice to finally meet you and what a sweet ride you have my man.

Tantrum, nice meeting you as well. Sweet AT man!

Chris232, cool to meet a fellow MX'er. Funny the people we know in common. See you soon.

GEOO,

SOrry we didn't connect down there. Would have liked to have met you. Neat watching you run!

C_Spray,

To bad you and Woo-Hoo didn't make it. We hope to see you guys again soon.

Shane

Last edited by Shane; 07-15-2002 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Registered

On a slightly different topic about the event. I was with Charlie Tesauro in his 28 Skater that won the outboard class. After the second run we went for a little cruise while some of the other boats were running. Another 28 Skater that was there came up alongside of us for a little "race" of our own. We slammed the sticks forward and took a commanding lead. We then backed off and continued our cruise when this other boat challenged us again. Once again we were the victors in dominating style and saw a top speed of 117 on the GPS! AWESOME RIDE! Upon returning to the docks one of the two individuals that were in the other boat came over to us and said,"we know you guys won and the champions of the day, but we want to go out into the falts and run again for the trophy." Charlie replied "why?, we won the shootout and beat you twice why do you want to run again?" He said "it's for the trophy". Charlie returned, "but we won the trophy". The other guys says, "yeah but we want it back". (they won it last year) Charlie, said "well I have nothing to gain and all to lose to run again just for the trophy, how about for a thousand bucks?" Funny we never heared from them again until just before we left and they asked once more to run for the trophy and the trophy only. Money talks, you know the rest...
Old 07-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good story Shane !

I didn't make it down

Just wondering, about 3 or 4 years ago there was a red cat with out boards maybe 30' long that blew over , does anybody remeber or know who it was . I just happened to be going by when it happened and was the first one there to help . Never did hear more about it . Just wondering .
Old 07-15-2002, 08:37 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

boot I remember seeing a 21 Skater w/ V-8 Johnson outboard on it maybe that many years ago. I saw the whole thing. He was already beyond the shoot and when he went to make the turn to come back up north, he never slowed enough and barrel rolled it. He was fine and the boat was towed back to the Waters Edge to the beach.
Shane I guess I got there too late to see ya's. Maybe next time.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too Old...

You Bet...
Old 07-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Registered

Sharkey,

Sorry we missed each other. I saw a Checkmate that looked like yours until I saw the guy drive it and I knew it DEFINITELY was NOT you! Anyway, HotBoat and I are brining his Scarab down for testing tomorrow to Typhoon. You gonna be around?
Old 07-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Registered

Wow 185 what a trip
Old 07-15-2002, 09:29 PM
1975 X-18 Donzi, Arneson
Platinum Member

Donzi On Board Video Cam Photo!!! Passing the Radar Boat.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/gdesmond05.jpg

Quick Reply: Jersey Radar Shootout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.