Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Let's have a look at the progress in Seaside Heights
[/url]
I have been following the progress. See this link: Seaside Heights Gallery

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.weather.com/article/super...d-now-20131024
Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

still can't believe!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

There was an article in the South Jersey Times about Fortescue and other small towns along the Delaware Bay in Cumberland County New Jersey that were trashed by Sandy. Those communities have not gotten the relief and assistance that the shore towns had received. I feel for those residents. Hre are two current pictures, and the link for the article.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...o_rebuild.html
Attached Thumbnails Hurrican Sandy going to hit NJ.......-hurricane-sandy-damage-fortescue-.jpg   Hurrican Sandy going to hit NJ.......-fortescue-ii.jpg  
Old 10-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

It's hard the believe all the destruction that Sandy caused. I was involved from day one witnessing the havoc and destroyed property doing my job (utility electric worker). It was sad a year ago, and still sad today. I have seen people life's literally washed away. As of today there are still people displaced from their houses. I have friends and co workers that are not back in their houses yet.

It is very sad driving around neighborhoods where there is an empty lot next to a brand new house. The pictures don't even do it justice.

Very sad
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Although the barrier Islands (Mantoloking, Seaside) get all the publicity, the mainland side of the storm affected more people. On my street, (mainland side of Toms River NJ) there are 54 homes, all were flooded. As of today, there are only 12 families back in their homes. Thousands were displaced in the Toms River/Brick NJ areas. Communities like Bayshore, Baywood, Drum Point, Silverton, Snug Harbor, Shelter Cove, and Ocean Gate were all seriously affected, but were never on the News. I guess its more dramatic to show the roller coaster over and over again than to show houses that look "in tact" are vacant-but leaving thousands homeless. Our media sucks, and our Government isn't far behind. If anyone wants to have a "living nightmare" try dealing with FEMA.
Still homeless 1 year later.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:29 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

A working cover for the 1st book that is coming soon.

I wrapped up a full year of covering this storm on Saturday with chartering a helicopter to shoot the coastline once again.

So now I have documented the "Before, After and 1 Year After" Superstorm Sandy.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Although the barrier Islands (Mantoloking, Seaside) get all the publicity, the mainland side of the storm affected more people. On my street, (mainland side of Toms River NJ) there are 54 homes, all were flooded. As of today, there are only 12 families back in their homes. Thousands were displaced in the Toms River/Brick NJ areas. Communities like Bayshore, Baywood, Drum Point, Silverton, Snug Harbor, Shelter Cove, and Ocean Gate were all seriously affected, but were never on the News. I guess its more dramatic to show the roller coaster over and over again than to show houses that look "in tact" are vacant-but leaving thousands homeless. Our media sucks, and our Government isn't far behind. If anyone wants to have a "living nightmare" try dealing with FEMA.
Yup, a year later and my sister, her husband and 3 kids are still homeless in Lower Bank. They finally got permits and new construction has finally begun but it's been a rough road for them.
Attached Thumbnails Hurrican Sandy going to hit NJ.......-cinder.jpg  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:41 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
I know what you mean about the Media Bob.
Of all magazines, I just found a photo in TIME made Images of the Week and they captioned it as Long Branch Pier . That pier has been gone for how many years now ? It was actually the Belmar fishing pier with that caption. Same thing with the Brick fires. Every time I saw the fires they captioned it as being Mantoloking . I had a woman complain on Facebook about Shark River Hills not being mentioned or photographed. I provided my link to her and told her I had the area covered for what it's worth.

I am currently at 365 days and over 18,000 images from Cape May to Long Island, NY . I will now concentrating on getting the images in print as it is the largest historical event in our lifetime .
In many ways through my images, I hope it will help. I already know it has certainly provided support for the Surf Club and their dispute with their Insurance company. Photos are the best documentation anyone could have…. Best of luck to you Bob.. Stay strong.

P.S.

I have quite a bit of Toms River Mainland images as well. Not sure if you are in any of these particular areas Bob: TOMS RIVER MAINLAND

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 10-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.