Notices

OPA Recovery Fund

Old 11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OPA Recovery Fund

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPA teams, officials, friends and sponsors:

It has been a tough week for many people in the areas affected by the hurricane. A number of our OPA families have had devastating damage to their homes. While insurance covers some, deductibles and items not covered will add up quickly.

I propose we set up a recovery fund for any OPA member who is in need of assistance.

All proceeds will be split evenly between any member who has lost their home or had catastrophic damage.

It certainly can't heal all the pain they have suffered, but they are family and need our support.

email me at [email protected] to contribute and pass the word.

Rich Smith
Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team 611
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Rich!

Thanks for your thoughtfulness for the OPA Members and their families who where slammed by Hurricane Sandy. I'm not a member of OPA but as a race fan, I have enjoyed years of watching them battling it out on the race course and have had the pleasure of meeting some of them over the years. Words can't explain how I feel, to see what so many are going through. I am sending you a Cheque and I hope that other race fans who enjoy watching OPA racers putting on a great show for everyone during the summer at local race course also help those OPA racers and their families in need. Rich thanks for giving me the opportunity to help.

Andy

Ontario Offshore Powerboat Association
Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Guy's, on behalf of The OPA Board Of Directors I would like to THANK you all for your concers regarding that B$TCH, Sandy, that tried to damper the Spirits of all The Jersey and NY Families. Rich, Ray Murk...THANKS guy's for offering all you help and Andy, Thank you for your KINDNESS. This is why we do what we do. God Bless.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Flying up to NY tomorrow, if there is anything y'all need that I can fit in my luggage(besides a suitcase full of cash) just lemme know.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your KINDNESS. This is why we do what we do. God Bless.