Notices

Need Some Help XT!!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need Some Help XT!!!!

I have McLeod electric bolster seats on my boat and I need to take the headrest part of the seat off to redo it. I don't have a picture of the seats of my boat but it is the exact same as these two seats in the front of this boat
[IMG][/IMG]

Does anyone know how to take apart the headrest on these?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

anyone?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only way I know to do it is to remove the bolster so you can remove the electric motor to go in and remove the bolts that are threaded into the T-nuts holding the plywood structure in place. Your's I guess is rotted like most?

If you don't use a plastic material like Prolite, make sure you use a good marine plywood and resin coat it well.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Need Some Help XT!!!!-imgp7665.jpg   Need Some Help XT!!!!-imgp7663.jpg   Need Some Help XT!!!!-imgp7664.jpg  

Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered

Thanks for the help XT! No it's not rotted the bolster headrest is cracking and I wanted to just replace with new material. The rest of the seat is in good shape. Can it be done with the bolster in the boat or do you have to remove it from the boat?