Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
21' Scout, making a comeback ! >

21' Scout, making a comeback !

Notices
View Poll Results: Should Maximo Powerboats have it's own spot on the "Owners" forum
yes
72.73%
no
27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

21' Scout, making a comeback !

Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
Phil I will try to get by when down for the boat show.
Sounds good. PM me when you know your coming, we'll coordinate...
Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

As January comes to a close I just want to reach out and wish all my fellow boaters a happy, healthy and safe upcoming new year.
I'll be home from my latest military tour just in time for the February Miami International Boat Show but unfortunately will not be
able to show off the 21' Scout yet. The new Scout is still in the construction phase and I will still continue posting photo's of it's progress.
Mr. Bob "Chief" Saccenti and I will be enjoying the upcoming Show and we'll be happy to answer all your 21' Scout questions.
Hope to see you there!

Phil Vargas/Defender Powerboats inc
[email protected]
[email protected]
Ph:305-910-1216

Last edited by PhilV30; 01-27-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good Phil! I kind of like the plain white hull myself. It really lets the boat show its lines.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the OSO community would like to know who PhilV30 is and why I got involved with Phil’s 21’ Scout project. First I received a phone call from Phil’s brother explaining that they are big Apache fans and always wanted to own a 21’ Scout. Furthermore while looking for his dream boat Phil came across my original 21’ Scout molds and he decided to purchase them... In our conversation he asked if I had time to meet with him for some advice on repairing a few minor issues that he discovered in the molds.

When we first met, I asked Phil, why the hell did you buy molds instead of a boat? His response was, in the future I plan on going into the marine manufacturing business. Next I asked Phil, what is your background?? His reply was, I was a Master Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force and specialized as a jet fighter aircraft/engine mechanic where he recently completed two tours to Iraq and Afghanistan. He also went on to tell me he was presently working for a government contractor in charge of a drone division and had just returned from a five month tour at military airfield in Afghanistan. Phil was home for a break between assignments. His duty is to keep our drones mechanically war ready and airborne 24/7. He also stated he does carbon fiber/composite repairs to the drones when the need arises. I thanked Phil for his military service and told him I would be very happy to help him with the mold repairs.

A few weeks later all the molds were back to their original condition, waxed and ready to start the first application. Shortly after that Phil received his new orders to another military airfield in the Middle East. When Phil received the news, he told me that he would have to put the Scout project on hold until February / March 2013. At that point I said to Phil, I am working nearby on my new Warpath project and would be very happy to oversee his project until he returned. Fortunately before Phil’s departure we had time to immediately start the early stages of the lamination process for the first new Scout. . We kept in touch via the internet and he was able to post onto OSO...

The pictures of the Scout that you see in the PhilV30, “21' Scout making a comeback” thread will be Phil’s personal /demo boat and I’m happy to say he already has another one on order. During his absence I was in full contact with Phil and kept him up to date on his project daily. Phil recently informed me that this was his last trip abroad and will be devoting all his time pursuing and developing his newly founded Defender Powerboats Company. Being that Phil has a carbon fiber/composite background I see he is catching on quickly and I feel very confident that he will be successful in his new boat manufacturing career.

My involvement with Phil is; I will be consulting with him to get him up and running, testing and manufacturing the best 21’ Scouts ever built...
The pictures I posted below are of Phil while serving overseas.

Phil and I will be visiting the Miami boat show and are looking forward to answering questions on the ongoing projects we’re involved in.

Bobby Saccenti

The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (09-09-2023)
Old 02-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you Bob for the update! A great story of the continuing excellence associated to the Saccenti name, Apache heritage and lineage of the 21 Scout. All the best to Phil, Defender Powerboats and all those behind the scenes who produce such amazing works of art in motion. Semper Fi!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I finally got to see the 21' Scout together. After all these years the molds can still produce a historical classic.

Thank you Bobby.

Phil Vargas/Defender Powerboats
[email protected]

Last edited by PhilV30; 02-14-2013 at 01:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (09-09-2023)
Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

I had a 1988 scout great boat, after i sold it to go bigger my wife said it was her favorite. (go figure) looking good
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Any way to modify the upper deck mold and get rid of the well to free up some cockpit room? Or would a bracket off the stern upset the balance too much?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the update Bob. It is great to see new life given to the scout molds.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you Mr Saccente for the update. It's good to see a classic being reintroduced with todays modern materials and building techniques!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.