Notices

Miami Boat Show?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Miami Boat Show?

Went last year and had a blast. It's now an annual thing for me and the GF.

Question is last year being our first year we stayed at a "ok" at best hotel (the haden hall). It was nothing more than a good location with a place to rest our head. No complaints but no praises either.

Was looking for maybe something a bit better this year and needed ideas. Not looking for over the top for $400/$500+ a night places but not looking to sleep in the streets either.

I recall last year across the bay there there was a large Hotel and marina that was part of the show (quite a few nice go fast in the marina). Not sure of the hotel name but we thought about that place. We don't need to be on south beach (although we would like to be) but if we are not we still want to be in the middle of the fun.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Nate5.0; 11-13-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Went last year and had a blast. It's now an annual thing for me and the GF.

Question is last year being our first year we stayed at a "ok" at best hotel (the haden hall). It was nothing more than a good location with a place to rest our head. No complaints but no praises either.

Was looking for maybe something a bit better this year and needed ideas. Not looking for over the top for $400/$500+ a night places but not looking to sleep in the streets either.

I recall last year across the bay there there was a large Hotel and marina that was part of the show (quite a few nice go fast in the marina). Not sure of the hotel name but we thought about that place. We don't need to be on south beach (although we would like to be) but if we are not we still want to be in the middle of the fun.

Any suggestions?
The one part of the show is the Biscayne Bay Marriott. My Wife used to be the assistant controller there and I got married there

It's nice, but gonna cost ya $$$$
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
The one part of the show is the Biscayne Bay Marriott. My Wife used to be the assistant controller there and I got married there

It's nice, but gonna cost ya $$$$
Would like to be in the $200/$300 range per night.

Found a couple if anyone knows anything about them let me know.

Both $189 per night + 13% tax

http://www.royalsouthbeach.com/specials.html

http://mobile.clayhotel.com/?referre...m%2Fclay-hotel
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty much all the south beach hotels are dumps compared to a real 4-5 star hotel.
Anything really nice will be $300
The Marriot at the other show site is fine for a Marriot but again will be pricey
Good hotels rent out quick for the boat show and anyone who has gone more than once knows the deal.

I have found its cheaper to stay in a nice hotel in town or further north on the beach and just use a limo/van to shutlle us around.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 11-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Registered

Just checked on the Marriot website, the Biscayne Bay Marriot where in water boats are for the show is running $350-$400 a night..
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
There used to be a disco where the restaurant by lobby is now, I DJed there in late 80s.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
pretty much all the south beach hotels are dumps compared to a real 4-5 star hotel.
Anything really nice will be $300
The Marriot at the other show site is fine for a Marriot but again will be pricey
Good hotels rent out quick for the boat show and anyone who has gone more than once knows the deal.

I have found its cheaper to stay in a nice hotel in town and just use a limo/van to shutlle us around.
Ya I know I am not getting a 4/5 star in S.B. for this show....kinda sad when I live in Clearwater and can get a room at the Sandpearl for the cost of the cleaned up deco/dump I will be getting.... But those are the breaks.

We thought about something downtown as well or on the bay. We do like to go out at night though is the catch. I am 30 and her 26. So we like to cut loose a but when down there.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Just checked on the Marriot website, the Biscayne Bay Marriot where in water boats are for the show is running $350-$400 a night..
Hmmmm.

I have to let her pic. Its over what I wanted but not by a lot and I did enjoy that area last year.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Registered

Further down the beach will get you nicer and your still a cab ride away.. Cheaper than parking !
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Hmmmm.

I have to let her pic. Its over what I wanted but not by a lot and I did enjoy that area last year.
It is a cool location !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.