Commentary: Badges? We Don’t Need No Stinking Badges

Notices

Commentary: Badges? We Don’t Need No Stinking Badges

Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Commentary: Badges? We Don’t Need No Stinking Badges

There's never a dull moment at the SBI Key West Worlds, http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...ng-badges.html.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
There's never a dull moment at the SBI Key West Worlds, http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...ng-badges.html.
im am not surprised. thats the way they do business.
its called dictatorship
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Simple solution...give OPA more coverage
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

matt,if you ever get a reason why,and i doubt you will,please report it.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Default Stupid!

SBI guy........"Hey, I have an idea, lets keep the media out so nobody knows what were doing here, that way I can have it all to myself and my big fat Ego"
Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default "The new normal"

Matt: This is a microcosm of the world today. Only media with an "acceptable" point of view can cover most stories. If Katie Couric or her gushing counterpart, Diane Sawyer, covers a specific topic in a doctored, slanted, "pre approved" way, it goes on the air. If a truly objective facts seeker dives into any one of thousands of examples of daily abuses of power.....from the pipeline to the Dakotas, to Biden's wealth...the censorship police ignite. You simply haven't encountered an organized dictatorship in full power mode. Get used to it...this is only the smallest tip of a much bigger iceberg. SBI has a loyal blind power base that enables it no matter what....and we should thank God that we live in a country that allows this freedom. Unfortunately when the wrong folks abuse these rights and naive people don't understand or believe in skullduggery, we all walk the plank
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Matt!

Thanks for letting us know what had happened to you at the SBI Key West Offshore Powerboat World Championship. It is a shame, I have always wanted to go to see this race and was hoping to go for 2013. 2011 was definitely one of the worst years in Key West History with the lose of 3 great racers. There was a lot of finger pointing and the fall out still continues in 2012. This year the Key West Worlds appeared to have a very small boat count from previous years and it may be the economy, Hurricane Sandy and possible the leadership of SBI. I have no stake in how things are run but enjoy watching Offshore Powerboat Racing as a race fan and I hope that I can make it next year to the Key West World Championship but if things don't change and the boat count is small why waste my money and time. Hope I ain't banished now.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To one of Matt's points, just what do the final reports on last years fatalities have to say AND what did SBI do for 2013 to improve safety and rescue, other than ask for rescue plans from the racers? There is nothing whatsoever on their web site.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Matt, I always enjoy your reports. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ego's are not needed in this sport but SBI / John C has the biggest one yet... he is exactly what is wrong with our sport!!! Sad..

Matt keep up the good work and Thank you for your updates and first hand "knowledge" of the sport!!!

If it wasn't the combination of the history of the city of Key West, FPC Poker Run, time of year etc... he wouldn't have an audiance!!!

Pat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.