Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge >

Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge

Notices

Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge

Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

that had to be one long azz day, that amount of time running that kinda water has gotta get to you let alone the stops you had to make to fix a few things. Even still what an incredible experience, and accomplishment I am truly envious. Did i read somewhere on here you may take a stab at Buzzis record with that diesel Skater?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 11-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
that had to be one long azz day, that amount of time running that kinda water has gotta get to you let alone the stops you had to make to fix a few things. Even still what an incredible experience, and accomplishment I am truly envious. Did i read somewhere on here you may take a stab at Buzzis record with that diesel Skater?
If you see when I had to walk from the back of the boat to the front ontop of the fuel tank. It is only a few inches in height from the top of the boat. When the boat is getting thrown around and you have been holding on for 20 hours then you have to go to the back of the boat it is very stressfull. If you get thrown out you may not be found.

The bad part is when its 2 am and we duck taped the throttles wide open and both of us are in the back working on something with no kill switches. If we get thrown out were 600 miles from shore in cold water with all our safety stuff on the boat going away from us. Whats worse is when that almost happens and we talk about if we get thrown out and the boat keeps going and crosses the finnish line and crashes into shore,do we still get the record if were not in the boat when it crosses the line?

on buzzis record, yes we have the boat ready just waiting on a weather window and some sponsor money to help pay for some of the expenses.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 11-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Well if you read on this site often 10's are no problem to run 85 in so boo hoo to your 6 footers.

Seriously...great accomplishment and you guys have guts.
thanks, there were some times we could only run 18-20 mph with the drives trimmed out trying to keep the nose up to keep it from stuffing.

I should change the wave height to noaa6'/oso25'
Old 11-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Registered

A few more pics from the run. too bad the gopro only lasted an hour and most of that we were stopped. We had some satellite based texting devices that could have sent text the whole way and I figured when we left I would be sending updates every few minuites while I was sitting there not doing anything. In the end I only had enough time to send one text and started three words into the next text and did not have time to finnish it.
Attached Thumbnails Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge-img_3675.jpg   Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge-img_3673.png   Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge-img_3683.jpg  

Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge-img_3691.jpg   Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge-img_3721.png   Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge-img_3730.jpg  

Onboard video from the Bermuda Challenge-img_3751.jpg  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
The bad part is when its 2 am and we duck taped the throttles wide open and both of us are in the back working on something with no kill switches.
That is just asking for trouble no record is worth your lives. Thankfully you made it safely.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
That is just asking for trouble no record is worth your lives. Thankfully you made it safely.
There are alot of things we are going to do different this time to give us a better chance of setting the record again and living through it. We probably had a 50/50 chance of setting the record last time and a 50/50chance of making it there alive

this time we will have the wireless kill switches so we can move around to work on stuff but if we go overboard the boat will stop. And will bring some food this time just in case something happens and were stuck out there for a month. I would have hated to have to eat chris.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Note to self: bring hamburgers next time I go boating with Tyson... Ha ha ha!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Good way to get serious back problems Tyson.

Long way
Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I dont know where you were at the 4 08 mark, but if you were in trouble I'm sure that boat going by in the background could have helped you.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I still dont understand why those electric hatches are used. I know that is not a common problem but..........
SS springs work much better? Cool factor...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.