Notices

Donzi Vs Fountain

Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 178 Likes on 66 Posts

Getting back to the OP's question, let me throw another variable into the mix - when the boat was built. I've seen many, many brand new Fountains in my time and most of them were pretty well built. I haven't seen as many Donzis, but again, most of them were pretty well built.

On the other hand, I've seen a number of boats from both brands that (and I'm a Mechanical Engineer) were absolutely appalling. We're talking sloppy wiring, poorly sewn upholstery and poor fitting / assembly issues. (One can only wonder about layup.) The difference? I'd chalk it up to when the individual boats were built. The worst ones I saw were rushed through production during busy season. The best ones were built in the fall / winter.

Oh, and both brands were pretty good at sending only the good stuff to Powerboat Magazine. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Getting back to the OP's question, let me throw another variable into the mix - when the boat was built. I've seen many, many brand new Fountains in my time and most of them were pretty well built. I haven't seen as many Donzis, but again, most of them were pretty well built.

On the other hand, I've seen a number of boats from both brands that (and I'm a Mechanical Engineer) were absolutely appalling. We're talking sloppy wiring, poorly sewn upholstery and poor fitting / assembly issues. (One can only wonder about layup.) The difference? I'd chalk it up to when the individual boats were built. The worst ones I saw were rushed through production during busy season. The best ones were built in the fall / winter.

Oh, and both brands were pretty good at sending only the good stuff to Powerboat Magazine. Just my 2 cents.
Cool! Mine was built in Feb 05.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should both have demand the same $
if they are same year /hours and hp
Old 12-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
I have an 05 42 staggered Ex that goes 83 easily and 85 light with labbed Maximus props. My friends 07 33 Donzi hasn't held up half as well and just got through replacing broken motor mounts after jumping a ship's wake. Besides the girls like Fountains better.
Pretty much same deal here when boat was stock....
Attached Thumbnails Donzi Vs Fountain-042106_18321.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
Pretty much same deal here when boat was stock....
You got it!! Hey hows the rocket ship?