Old 12-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool good idea

We need more content on events.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

I still have a couple of the news letters from back in the day and they were bigger and laid out better than some of the perf boat mags of the day. I've lost track over the last 10 yrs but I know in the day it was the best run club I'd ever seen.
The issue my boat was in was 52 pages w/a full color front page that always had a members boat on!
Very impressive.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Single With Twins
In and effort to raise further awareness as well as offer a specific forum in which members can go to, the Performance Boat Club of Canada has requested a dedicated forum within the Boat Club section. In order for this to possibly be granted OSO needs to see what kind of demand this would receive. In speaking briefly with OSO they have asked for a list, if you will, of members that would see this as being a benefit to them.

We would like to use OSO as one medium to help communicate with PBCC members the run schedules and updates, alos a spot in which we can add photos of our runs, detailing the success of each run, as we are a charity organization and potential discussion on events / ideas moving forward.

Thank you in advance for reading and consideration. I ask that those who feel this forum would be of benefit, please add to the thread stating so.
Also, by all means present thoughts and ideas you as PBCC members may have of what you wish to see too.

Regards;

Jay Cooke
Performance Boat Club of Canada

We see this or anything that promote's Offshore/Performance Powerboating as a positive for the sport and support it.

Andy Breschuk
Ontario Offshore Powerboat Association
Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not a member, But I am all for local content. Georgian bay is across the road.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally someone running in Georgian Bay, anything to look out for? Been debating bringing one of the boats down to CFB Borden for a run on the Bay come the new year.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Registered

There's lots to look out for in GB lol but the effort is absolutely worth it. At the very least, get proper charts and study them ahead of time. Also make sure you know the weather, a 30' boat gets small real fast in rough weather.

As for the club forum, count me in.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Registered

sounds like a great way to keep everyone informed to get the most amount of boats to events and not have two events spliting up boats on the same weekend
Old 12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

My wife and I have been members of the club for several years now.We have participated in many of their events and really like the concept of local charities benefiting wherever we go!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kings11
Finally someone running in Georgian Bay, anything to look out for? Been debating bringing one of the boats down to CFB Borden for a run on the Bay come the new year.
Great example as to why the requested forum would be great. We want more boaters to join us on runs and our Georgian Bay fun run would be a great chance for you to venture out of your local waters and boat with a group supporting a great cause too........
Old 12-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd like to see it. Anybody else from Montreal area on here ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.