Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice >

Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice

Notices

Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice

Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just logged on to OSO a few minutes ago. I haven't visited in months. The first thing I saw was this thread and noticed it had to do with Tim at OCM. Please understand that I do not know the details of this transaction. I will attest to the following though- I believe that Tim is an above board business man. I have watched carefully how he interacts with prospects, family, customers, friends, employees and aquaintances. He has always conducted himself with honesty and transparency. He has shown great enthusiasm and professionalism but I've not noticed any of the BS or sleaze factor. He is truly a stand up guy; I trust this will all come to an honorable conclusion.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

the states attourney usually does not chase someone for grand larceny unless they are damb sure that person is guilty,and they can proove it,its not the same as the police arresting you even if you are innocent,unlike the police,they have the proof before the arrest!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Lawyers have ruined this country...

Since we all can agree Lawyers are bad, why should we judge Chuck based on a bunch of sleezeball attorneys and a car theft deal? The truths never come out in court, and they will chase after money before truth. Most of the time it cost LESS to just pay and admit guilt EVEN if Chuck is Innocent.
Originally Posted by mike tkach
the states attourney usually does not chase someone for grand larceny unless they are damb sure that person is guilty,and they can proove it,its not the same as the police arresting you even if you are innocent,unlike the police,they have the proof before the arrest!
You guys have a lot of experience in this arena, I would assume. What lines of work are you in? Go to court much yourselves?
Old 12-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charles Allen, 42, of Saratoga, who owns ACR Motors, pleaded guilty in August to working with Perry to illegally procure 24 cars worth $136,150. He and his salesman Richard Bashant, 36, of Queensbury altered documents to defraud Garvey.
http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news...car-dealership

Pleading guilty to such and then claiming here to be innocent doesn't jive in my book.

According to statements made here, the Boat is to be delivered in February. Lets see how this all pans out then.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Registered

Untill you walk in a mans shoes..
Old 12-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i sent you a pm back,i just hate it when people omit important facts to justify things they have done,do you really think chuck started this thread for advice,if the answer is yes,than he conned you like he did many oso members.i have lost interest in his story.yes ,i bought into his bs at first,guess he is right i must be nieve like he said.
I have tried to stay polite with you but you truly are an idiot. I read on here that you associate with known drug dealers. I read it so it must be true right? We all know that people who hang out with drug dealers must be drug users or sellers also right? I plead guilty because I was put in a situation where I could not win the war but more than likely would have won the battle at hand. My statement earlier that you keep referring to about things being about money in this world wasn't meant that it was how I felt but the money is what the prosecution wanted. You were to stupid to see the point of the conversation. At one point on here your my best friend acting like you want to run through the daisies holding hands and you read an article from the Internet and now I'm Jesse James ( not the bike builder in case you don't know the reference). Now let me say one more thing to you that I hope you can understand, I don't know who in this world would or would not steal but for me personally it would need to be change your life forever or as some would say " get away" money and never work again. I have been pretty lucky in life so far with nobody ever accusing me of stealing anything in my entire life. 136k is certainly a great deal of money, but no where near what I would need in order to get away. 136k over 18 months would not be worth losing everything I have worked so hard to obtain. Just so you know, not that it is any of your business, this ordeal has cost me and my family in excess of 250k. I can't change people's opinion of me that don't know me but I will ask you a question. I haven't lost one customer from this, I haven't lost any creditors, I haven't lost the love and support of my family, I haven't lost one friend, and most of all I am an individual that recently plead guilty to two major felonies and I am not in jail nor am I on ANY sort of probation or SUPERVISION. Why do you think that is?
P.S. It wasn't my lawyer, he sucked in my opinion.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There seems to still be a great deal of confusion surrounding the financing and lien on the Nor-Tech situation. I'm going to give an example in car terms instead and hope it clears any remaining gray areas.

You decide that you want a new tow rig and go down to your dealer. He doesn't have exactly what you want so you decide to order a truck instead. The dealer negotiates a price with you, and you agree to figures. The dealer asks if you will be financing the purchase and you reply, yes. He offers a rate of 4%. Your local bank or credit union is willing to offer you 3% so you decide to do your own financing. The dealer states that he may have a customer for your trade in and asks if he can show it. It's winter time and you only use the truck for hauling your boat so you agree to let him try to sell your truck while the new truck is being built. The dealer tells you that your new truck should be done in 4-6 weeks. You decide to leave the truck with the dealer and take your figures to your bank. The bank approves your loan and says your all set. Let us know when the new truck comes in. Do you think at this point they release the lien on your current truck or they release the lien on your current truck when the new truck arrives? They will need a vin number and an actual vehicle to attach their security interest to. Now, what happens if the dealer sold your trade in one month and the new truck isn't there in 6-8 weeks, as a matter of fact it isn't there almost two years later?

Hope this example clears up the questions regarding the financing. If this doesn't make it clear enough I really don't know what else to say.

Last edited by Chuck; 12-22-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:57 AM
jfm
Registered

It should but it won't. You can't fix stupid. Good luck with the boat, I hope it works out for you.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jfm
It should but it won't. You can't fix stupid. Good luck with the boat, I hope it works out for you.
I agree. Hope everything works out Chuck.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I have tried to stay polite with you but you truly are an idiot. I read on here that you associate with known drug dealers. I read it so it must be true right? We all know that people who hang out with drug dealers must be drug users or sellers also right? I plead guilty because I was put in a situation where I could not win the war but more than likely would have won the battle at hand. My statement earlier that you keep referring to about things being about money in this world wasn't meant that it was how I felt but the money is what the prosecution wanted. You were to stupid to see the point of the conversation. At one point on here your my best friend acting like you want to run through the daisies holding hands and you read an article from the Internet and now I'm Jesse James ( not the bike builder in case you don't know the reference). Now let me say one more thing to you that I hope you can understand, I don't know who in this world would or would not steal but for me personally it would need to be change your life forever or as some would say " get away" money and never work again. I have been pretty lucky in life so far with nobody ever accusing me of stealing anything in my entire life. 136k is certainly a great deal of money, but no where near what I would need in order to get away. 136k over 18 months would not be worth losing everything I have worked so hard to obtain. Just so you know, not that it is any of your business, this ordeal has cost me and my family in excess of 250k. I can't change people's opinion of me that don't know me but I will ask you a question. I haven't lost one customer from this, I haven't lost any creditors, I haven't lost the love and support of my family, I haven't lost one friend, and most of all I am an individual that recently plead guilty to two major felonies and I am not in jail nor am I on ANY sort of probation or SUPERVISION. Why do you think that is?
P.S. It wasn't my lawyer, he sucked in my opinion.
best post on here.. just stop resonding tho this dumb ass, I did months ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.