Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   150mph boats for 150k? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/289291-150mph-boats-150k.html)

precisiondetails 12-26-2012 05:55 PM

Sorry I don't know this, but which boat is Darrs?

Lexanlarry 12-26-2012 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Orthobam (Post 3838149)
Couldn't it be removed and restored to original?

Couldnt what be removed?

Orthobam 12-26-2012 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lexanlarry (Post 3838167)
Couldnt what be removed?

Jim,

doesn't it have an aftermarket windshield and swim platform? Why not just restore it to factory original? It will make it worth more money.

flat rate 12-26-2012 06:50 PM

I love how all your posts start with a question then you have the answer.

Lexanlarry 12-26-2012 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Orthobam (Post 3838172)
Jim,

doesn't it have an aftermarket windshield and swim platform? Why not just restore it to factory original? It will make it worth more money.

Definately would not make it worth more,mthe full wrap wind shield is a 25k option from skater and the bussel is another 10k option, nobody wants the quater canopies anymore. Boat looks awesome with them and is 44' long and is easy to get out of the water on tie bar and alot of room to sit and lay on bussel, girls love it

SkaterMike82 12-26-2012 07:14 PM

I'm a fan of the 1/4 canopies. Not a fan of the wrap around windshield but thats me.

Orthobam 12-26-2012 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lexanlarry (Post 3838188)
Definately would not make it worth more,mthe full wrap wind shield is a 25k option from skater and the bussel is another 10k option, nobody wants the quater canopies anymore. Boat looks awesome with them and is 44' long and is easy to get out of the water on tie bar and alot of room to sit and lay on bussel, girls love it

What is a bussel?

I think it would be worth more back to original UNLESS the full windshield was installed by Skater and was purchased from Skater.

Please post pictures of your boat. I would buy it for "under $100,000" after a comprehensive survey of the boat and motors.

Lexanlarry 12-26-2012 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Orthobam (Post 3838200)
What is a bussel?

I think it would be worth more back to original UNLESS the full windshield was installed by Skater and was purchased from Skater.

Please post pictures of your boat. I would buy it for "under $100,000" after a comprehensive survey of the boat and motors.

Skater does not make their windshields, mine was built and installed by the company who builds windshields for bobcat, caterpillar, and nascar. It is polycarbonate not acrylic like new skaters have, bussel is the drive overhang . I thought u just bought a skater, but i still see its for sale.

Orthobam 12-26-2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lexanlarry (Post 3838215)
Skater does not make their windshields, mine was built and installed by the company who builds windshields for bobcat, caterpillar, and nascar. It is polycarbonate not acrylic like new skaters have, bussel is the drive overhang . I thought u just bought a skater, but i still see its for sale.

It hasn't been delisted from the previous owner. I have no contract for selling it. What does that have to do with the topic at hand Jim?

It doesn't change the fact that your boat would be better original. Not just my opinion but the opinion of the entire boating world....

Lexanlarry 12-26-2012 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Orthobam (Post 3838245)
It hasn't been delisted from the previous owner. I have no contract for selling it. What does that have to do with the topic at hand Jim?

It doesn't change the fact that your boat would be better original. Not just my opinion but the opinion of the entire boating world....

Tell you what, u take a survey if 1/4 canopies win over wrap around ill put back to original, thanks