Need help with boat value. >

Need help with boat value.

Notices

Need help with boat value.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help with boat value.

I'm selling my 89 Baja 235 force and trying to get a rough idea on value. It's got less then 60 hours on motor since this past spring build with upgraded heads, cam re ring, main and rod bearing. Mechanically the boat has been great. No issues with it in the 160 hours we have out on it in the last two summers.

Interior of boat is good. It was redone two years ago.

The exterior has a Tampa bay buccaneers wrap on it that is not the best and is the down fall of the boat.

Boat runs a solid 63-64 (on gps) with 4 adults and full of fuel.

I listed the boat for $8900 and have mostly gotten trade offers for other items. It is the off season so I'm not sure if that has some to do with it. I have never sold a boat so this is new to me. I have an interesting offer on the table for a trade.

Just looking to see what everyone's opinion is.

Thanks

Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't be offended, but in my opinion this boat has some sentimental value and not much more than that. I don't think she has much dollar value. I'm not saying that their is nothing of value about that boat, but as a whole, I don't think it's worth much. I hope i'm wrong. you never know, maybe somebody wants it. Good luck
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Bucs motif is definitely a minus for our area. LOL I have a river rat friend that just moved to St. Pete that may be trying to make friends - I'll text him.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
Please don't be offended, but in my opinion this boat has some sentimental value and not much more than that. I don't think she has much dollar value. I'm not saying that their is nothing of value about that boat, but as a whole, I don't think it's worth much. I hope i'm wrong. you never know, maybe somebody wants it. Good luck
I'd have to second this reply, it'll probably fetch you something you might like trading for but as for an actual cash value I'd say 4 to 7000.
For cash you'd be better served parting it out piece by piece.
This seems to have been the direction of older used boats lately.
I'm curious, what's your interesting trade offer?
Good luck with your sale.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Registered

No offense taken. I'm in good shape as far as money invested in the boat.

I will go into details later this afternoon after I meet and hopefully make the deal.

Thanks guys
Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

either sell it in tampa or remove the wrap. heck, you put that much eagles glop on it and you won't be able to sell it in philly...either way park it for a couple of months. buyers this time of year only buy if it is stealing.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 01-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered

It's an 89. It is gonna have to be someone really into tampa. I would have to say that $6000 would be top dollar for that boat, and thats for the rabid Tampa fan. Non Tampa fan $4500.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Registered

Just getting home from a long day. Met the new owners this morning and took them for a ride on the river and they liked it. They contacted me last night with a trade offer. This is what was up for trade. A single owner 2009 Yamaha rhino 700 with only 111.3 miles on it.

My wife and I have been considering selling some of our 4 wheelers and get a side by side. Well, after a couple hours the deal was done they were happy and I'm very happy. The bike is so clean its like new!! They paid over 13k 2 years ago so I feel it was a good deal I couldn't pass up.

Now it's crunch time to get the velocity 280 ready for spring.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Registered

I don't think it's worth much. I hope i'm wrong. you never know
Old 01-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Registered

anyone one couldnt judge on the value of boat without taking trail..only by seeing the pictures it is quite difficult to predict anything especially its a boat, how could anyone buy without feeling its engine... but if you really want to know than i would say you can get $5500 max for this little baby..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.