Notices

So is the rumor true ?

Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got off of the phone with Jeff. He admits that he went down to the IB offices when Steve banned him from this site. He is very adament that he did not threaten anyone and that him doing that was a deal started by the old owner (steve). He knows that he was banned not for cardshark but because of a thread that he responded to about steves personal boat hauler (Barbie Girl) Steve thought that barbie was the king of boat haulers but Jeff reminded me that she lost a trailer going down the highway twice. And Jeff made some fun of the fact that she looked nothing like a barbie. Before that happened Jeff and steve got along to the point that Jeff hung out at the OSO offices in Fort Laudersale and hauled boats for Steve. But he made those comments about Barbie and bam. He was taken off of the site. He says that when he went down to the OSO offices he showed up with his dad and that he never threatened anyone BUT was angry that steve not being the owner of OSO anymore could have him removed. He plans on going back to the OSO offices to talk to them and settle this problem.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ther-scum.html
Old 01-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

I love this thread started by Slonaker. In 2008 he posted this..

Boat transport??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a boat transport company or person here beside that Chubby dude. (Sorry if I brought up a sore subject, but I do NOT want him) I am going out to Charlotte, NC to look at a boat. If it looks as good in the flesh/fiberglass...I think I might get it. I am in Fort Worth, Texas and I dont want to go after it. This is why I am looking for someone or a company to bring it to me. Suggestions and or recommendations please.

And this from Slonaker..

You may be right SpeedPro...I dont know the guy. All I really know is what I have read about the Card Shark being taken and that is my only drawback with him. His situation with that deal is his situation and I dont want to be mixed up in it...I just want the boat brought to me without being damaged or going somewhere else other than to me

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...transport.html

Then, Chubby gets arrested, and Slonaker becomes his "good friend" and is talking to his kids and donating money.

I realize you won't respond Paul. However, it's now obvious that you give your shoulder to desperate people in an attempt to add to your sense of self importance. How do you go from not knowing Jeff in 2008, literally bad mouthing the guy, to becoming good friends?

You're a total fraud.

Last edited by pasquesi; 01-21-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by pasquesi
I love this thread started by Slonaker. In 2008 he posted this..

Boat transport??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a boat transport company or person here beside that Chubby dude. (Sorry if I brought up a sore subject, but I do NOT want him) I am going out to Charlotte, NC to look at a boat. If it looks as good in the flesh/fiberglass...I think I might get it. I am in Fort Worth, Texas and I dont want to go after it. This is why I am looking for someone or a company to bring it to me. Suggestions and or recommendations please.

And this from Slonaker..

You may be right SpeedPro...I dont know the guy. All I really know is what I have read about the Card Shark being taken and that is my only drawback with him. His situation with that deal is his situation and I dont want to be mixed up in it...I just want the boat brought to me without being damaged or going somewhere else other than to me

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...transport.html

Then, Chubby gets arrested, and Slonaker becomes his "good friend" and is talking to his kids and donating money.

I realize you won't respond Paul. However, it's now obvious that you give your shoulder to desperate people in an attempt to add to your sense of self importance. How do you go from not knowing Jeff in 2008, literally bad mouthing the guy, to becoming good friends?

You're a total fraud.
Possibly an Epiphany occurred.
ed
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the way he chit talked other haulers on here it was a blessing to see the "real Jeff Murray". Too many honest people in the world trying to do things right,Jeff Murray isn't one of them. It's Karma Jeff,how ya liking it?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
For the last and final time..... Jeff was banned for an issue NOT related to Cardshark. Not to mention he didn't win any brownie points by showing up at IB headquarters and threatening people.
Aside from the "paid debt to society yadda yadda...." The fact is when he was on here he was a keyboard bully that would shout down people with opposing views to his, we don't need more bully's on here we need people that can take opposing views without the need to intimidate or be combative, basically we need civil folks on here. Nuff said.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasquesi
I dont know much more than what I have read over the boat being taken. I think I have heard "most" of the rumors and I did do some "pre-judging" against him, but with so many standing by him...I have taken my pre-judging and stuffed it somewhere. I owe the man an appology...which he will get if I get to meet him someday. As for his situation...I only live an hour from there, but something just isnt right in the hen house. My own feelings over this is that jeff will come out OK on this..maybe a small spanking for his part, but I know the people where the boat was and have had dealings with them...not warm and fuzzy over it either. I smell problems and trouble brewing for some other people that havent been named...yet. I'm just going to wait for it and let it not be a surprise. One thing I will do and that is to hire Jeff to haul my boat should I need him. I have never met the man, just as I have not met the many people here and at other sites that have recommended him. If he was as bad as some paint him to be...why did I receive so many email recommending him? I will hire him when I need his service and I wont give a tinkers-damn about the shark crap.

Your words, your post, 2008, after he was arrested. Sure seems like your weren't "friends' yet. You even digress by saying that you judged him.....and how you will apologize IF you get to meet him. Whatever. It doesn't matter. The guy did his time. One thing is for sure. He won't be using this site to advertise, and bully other transporters like he did for years.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered

Jeff has asked me to post this since he can not do it. As for the response about him being a bully he only raised his voice when he was competing for a boat haul and he was underbid by someone that did not have the proper cargo insurance and or liability ins. To the consumer that did not know the difference they would ask him why that his price was higher for the same haul and he would have to explain to them about the costs to do it legal. As for people saying that Jeff was not legal when ever a costomer asked him for his insurance he would give the customer the phone number direct to the insurance company so that the costomer got the cert direct from the company. Jeff carried 500,000 in cargo which he tells me most of the carriers with pickup trucks had between 50,000 and 150,000. When Randy Hartmen or Randy Sweers needed a large cat or v bottom moved they called him due to the fact that he used a peterbilt hauler that had air brakes and a fifth wheel plus a goose ball. In all the years of him hauling boats he only scratched one and that was a swim platform for tanks cigarette which was replaced at no cost to tank and was paid by the ins company of the vehicle that hit the boat. When he picked up a boat he gave the customer a delivery date and the customer got the boat on that date or before. He is getting alot of emails from customers asking him to get back into hauling but he is not going back to that only because he wants to be near home to take care of his two boys. He knows that the main ins company for high end boats (Markel) would not oppose his return to hauling. There will always be haters and Jeff does not mind that. He says that everyone has their opinion and thats the way it is. If it was not for his kids he would go right back to it just to spite the haters.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What was the name of Jeff's Company? I think the company name on the truck was "Not For Hire"
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Registered

That was to bypass having to go into a truck inspection station. Anyone who reads this thread that is in the trucking business would agree that if given a way to bypass a truck station that they would do that in a heartbeat. For those who saw his insurance certificate it had the company name on it in plain letters. He did run a dot number which was not the number that a previoud OSO member had found on the safer site. The number that he used was valid up until he was sentenced for cardshark switched to his auto hauling company name three years ago. The DOT number that the previous member ran his mouth about was for his truck company that was put to bed in 2001. GMHDFAN why don't you research how many of the other haulers actually run a DOT and MCC number and pull into the scales with a boat behind them on the boats own trailer? If Jeff could get away with not pulling into a scale and paying for apportioned plates and IFTA then as he told me more power to him. He told me how he spoke years ago to one professional boat hauler based out of TNT named Dave with a dad who was a cop. Anyway the cop asked jeff if he could get some of jeff's overflow and jeff asked him for his insurance cert to see his limits and the cop told jeff that he had no cargo and always made sure that the boat owner had his own. And this guy based himself out of miami and jeff got his card from the counter of TNT storage. Go do your research and then make your comments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.