Feedback Rating System - RULES

Notices

Feedback Rating System - RULES

Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Feedback Rating System - RULES

Notice under each members user name is a "Feedback Score: # reviews".

Rules of the Feedback System (Buyer/Seller/Trader Ratings)

This NEW electronic feedback system, is in place to better serve members of OffshoreOnly by allowing them to leave, respond to, and review feedback regarding purchases and trades within this forum.

The feedback system is not to be abused. All feedbacks will be monitored and any inappropriate comments left will be removed. The comments posted in the feedback system should not violate other site rules.

* Feedback is only allowed on transactions between Buyers and Sellers!! Second-hand feedback or feedback based on hearsay is not allowed.

* Please limit one feedback per transaction. There is a maximum of two feedbacks per month, per member. Attempts to rate the same member more than twice in 30 days will not be recorded.

* Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in penalties, determined on a case-by-case basis, which may include banning for up to one year or longer at the site discretion.

If the transaction in question originated as a post on the board, please copy and paste the URL from the original message into the appropriate space on the feedback form. Also, please provide as many detailed notes regarding the transaction as possible. These are only visible to the buyer, seller, and administration.

IP addresses are logged for all posts. Any abuse to this system will not be tolerated and may result in becoming banned. The feedback system, when used properly, can be a helpful tool in planning future transactions with other members of this forum.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whatabout putting a profile picture over my join date?
i can't figure that out,.... do i gotta surpass a certain # of postings?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about how to edit youre profile /pic cant seem to do it thanks rob
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
Click on "member options" and then click on "edit avatar"
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Banned

Gotta be a member!

See HERE

Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 AM
Registered

though i was a member . chit
Old 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

oh it costs $$? to put up a profile pic/ avatar?

ida know man,

thats not how it works on F-book, Kiteforum, AstroSafari.com, SeriousOff(group is pretty 'cliquey'), KiteScoop, Performanseboat, powerkiteforum, YouTube, etc.

maybe i'll change my mind if this chat forum gets that useful buuut for now my money is mine.

whatabout putting pictures along w/ the text
the version of how to do it here looks weird to say the least

i gotta make a url for photoes on my own desk top?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering that the majority of OSO members do not sell. From a management standpoint, having a sellers group for those that do sell items would be easier to manage than having every member of OSO as a seller.

Anyone selling an item should place an add in the appropriate section, which would then trigger them into the seller group, which would then display the feedback score for that individual. That trigger would then automatically provide administrators with a record/link to the item for sale. Rather than having to rely on that link to be provided by some OSO member, who is paying for what service?

As your system is, it is open for abuse, and a management nightmare. What are you going to do when some semi-bright script kiddie decides to spam every single member of OSO with negative feedback. Have fun manually going through thousands of fictitious feedback's by hand for each and every member of OSO.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
Hey I really like that motor
Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by KitePool
thats not how it works on F-book, Kiteforum, AstroSafari.com, SeriousOff(group is pretty 'cliquey'), KiteScoop, Performanseboat, powerkiteforum, YouTube, etc.

?
But that's not how it works here. If you dont like it, don't pay it - for me, it is the cheapest part of my boating experience.

Originally Posted by KitePool
maybe i'll change my mind if this chat forum gets that useful buuut for now my money is mine.

whatabout putting pictures along w/ the text
the version of how to do it here looks weird to say the least

i gotta make a url for photoes on my own desk top?
You can't post photos directly from your desktop to OSO without being a paid member. You can upload them to an image hosting site.

P.S. - there is an entire subforum dedicated to forum usage questiosn at the bottom of the forums listing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.