Cat v Vee ... a seriously, curiously ignorant question >

Cat v Vee ... a seriously, curiously ignorant question

Notices

Cat v Vee ... a seriously, curiously ignorant question

Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat v Vee ... a seriously, curiously ignorant question

I have just finished re-reading both of T2x 'History of ...' threads. Fascinating and informative, but also curiosity-making.

Caveats to my question:
- I would have to go to school for three years to get up to the level of 'Ignernt' about American racing, so if I step on toes, it's b/c I have big feet, not that I am looking for toes to mash.

- I am (only minimally) less ignorant abt UIM rules and classes; European marathon & endurance racing.
Those two stipulations having been given: I did not fall off a turnip truck when it crossed the RR tracks coming into town. I absolutely know that Politic$ and Rule$ are $ignificant in all $port$.

<drumroll> Why are Cats not on more open ocean podiums? </drumroll>

Bob
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

cause cats don't like being splashed by water?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
<< optimist: I hope for more light than heat. I've read some of the earlier angst abt the subject, but I figger that phrased differently ... maybe.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

What open ocean podiums?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I understand where the OP is coming from. Its hard to honestly understand and believe in ANYTHING that has to do with Go Fast boats.

Politics
Money
Marketing (false/exaggeration)
No real test Data
No honest opinion from professionals
Rumors
Lies

Every boat manufacture does "great in rough water", "fastest", "best handling" etc etc. They all claim this and that but never have proof. There are no head to head tests like there are in sports cars. No test showing how many G's they can take in a corner.

I understand both sides but yes it would be nice to see some science, test, and proof on if a Cat actually is good in the rough, do step hulls really help, etc etc.

No matter what I am addicted to Powerboats and understand how challenging what I ask for is (not going to list all the B.S) but that still does not mean we can't wish for it.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goatskin
I have just finished re-reading both of T2x 'History of ...' threads. Fascinating and informative, but also curiosity-making.

Caveats to my question:
- I would have to go to school for three years to get up to the level of 'Ignernt' about American racing, so if I step on toes, it's b/c I have big feet, not that I am looking for toes to mash.

- I am (only minimally) less ignorant abt UIM rules and classes; European marathon & endurance racing.
Those two stipulations having been given: I did not fall off a turnip truck when it crossed the RR tracks coming into town. I absolutely know that Politic$ and Rule$ are $ignificant in all $port$.

<drumroll> Why are Cats not on more open ocean podiums? </drumroll>

Bob

Why start a new thread? Post this on one of the two threads already there..........HELLO!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

Politics
Money
Marketing (false/exaggeration)
No real test Data
No honest opinion from professionals
Rumors
Lies
HOLY SH!t. It's just like government.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
... Every boat manufacture does "great in rough water", "fastest", "best handling" etc etc. They all claim this and that but never have proof. There are no head to head tests like there are in sports cars. No test showing how many G's they can take in a corner.

I understand both sides but yes it would be nice to see some science, test, and proof on if a Cat actually is good in the rough, do step hulls really help, etc etc.
Actually there ARE 'comparison tests' - the various racing series: who stands on the podium and gets to spray champagne.

There are Cats in Europe, and like in the USA, there are more Vee than Cats, but the Cats are still entered in CTC, Naples to Montecarlo, RoundBritain ... Round Long Island, Bimini & Back, KW-Cancun.

Cats are entered, but I have seen few podiums.

With the exception of Dubai, the UIM is not Cat-friendly, but I am referring more to the Open Entry, run-what-you-brung events.

It seems that in the USA, Poker Runs have taken over from 'Offshore,' but not in Europe.

L3 ... b/c this curiousity was not on topic for either of T2x' threads, I didn't think.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by goatskin
Actually there ARE 'comparison tests' - the various racing series: who stands on the podium and gets to spray champagne.

There are Cats in Europe, and like in the USA, there are more Vee than Cats, but the Cats are still entered in CTC, Naples to Montecarlo, RoundBritain ... Round Long Island, Bimini & Back, KW-Cancun.

Cats are entered, but I have seen few podiums.

With the exception of Dubai, the UIM is not Cat-friendly, but I am referring more to the Open Entry, run-what-you-brung events.

It seems that in the USA, Poker Runs have taken over from 'Offshore,' but not in Europe.

L3 ... b/c this curiousity was not on topic for either of T2x' threads, I didn't think.
Find, buy, rent a copy of the book "Searace" by Crouse. It wil pretty much explain everything even though it was printed in 1989 not much has changed.
ede

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.