Notices

Square Grouper Documentary

Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts
Default No doubt!

Originally Posted by glassdave
Man them coptic guys were pulling some mega hitsl
My wife and I were both wheezing just watching it.

I am totally infatuated w/that part of Fla history down here and I make that fact known when in an area (or around certain people) that I suspect of being involved and have heard some amazing stories.
The part in the last segment about the locals being able to lose the man back in the mangroves is real. They scare the pee out of me.
Love exploring in them but they all look the same and would be so easy to get lost.
Just look at them from the air That and running aground (as one local said in the movie).
We hit one of our favorite spots in the Keys last time down w/the Sonic. Atlantic side, very narrow channel marked with 1" PVC pipe! Not painted either and does not tell you which side is deep!
Been through there several times off plane w/zero issue.
Last time in I watched a twin O/B center console similar size to our boat take off on plane. I watched where he went and then duplicated his route/speed when we left.
We made it 1/2 way to deep water and then both of us spent an hr in the water pushing!
Now, try that at night
Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsparis
Years ago one of my wifes cousins found one on Boynton beach. He took it home and put it in the dryer which then caught fire and burned half the structure down.
LMAO! You can't make that **** up!

I'm going to have to check that out. Thanks Gary!