Notices

1990 Fountain Fever Twin

Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 1997 with 502 mpi's, it was super fast and fun to drive but definitely was very stern heavy with the twins. It ran in the 80's and it was correctly stated that it sat very low in the water. The swim platform had water coming over it. Funny story while on anchor in a cove a boater came up yelling" do you need help, you are sinking?" Good time and very easy to trailer around.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 176 Posts

1fastlx: Glad to hear things are reachable. I'm 6'3" so long arms are included. I worked in a tune-up shop in my earlier years, so if there's any way to reach the plugs, I should be OK. Hell, it will be a treat to change plugs on an eng that isn't 200+ degs! As far as getting in the bilge, I could probably get in, just might not be able to get out!

hammer01: I keep hearing abt it being stern heavy, but when is that a problem? Excuse my ignorance, but seems like that would just provide a smoother ride thru the chop.

As long as the stern doesn't pass the bow in sharp turns, the only problem I foresee is if I get the whole boat out of the water and the stern comes down too hard it might bury the bow and submarine.

The easy trailering would be a definte plus since I like to have my boat at home where I can work on it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I felt with the heavy stern, it landed a little hard and it would chine walk a little at top end. In the really rough, I had it at Loto over the 4th of July and it was def a rough ride, but it has been said its a small 29. It was truly a blast in 2-3 ft or less conditions. Another guy we ran with had the single 500/525 pkg and it ran well also.