Notices

Stolen domain name

Old 07-19-2002, 03:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just checked with my bro and onother computer brain child and they both said you are **** out of luck. Get a new name or pay what he is asking.

Jon
Old 07-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think the name is only valuable to you. If he thinks your not interested how long would he possibly through money at it. Register nelems.com and then your covered. When he drops the registration you pick it up. The registration is so inexpensive its worth it just for the e-mail address.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:01 PM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by Audiofn
Just checked with my bro and onother computer brain child and they both said you are **** out of luck. Get a new name or pay what he is asking.

Jon
The internet is still a petri dish.

I was discussing this issue with someone last week and they sent me a link to review a case that was just settled last week. It sets precedent and deals with what I was talking about with the Superboat / Super Boat International issue (which by the way everyone, I was just using as an example. John would never ever try to get that domain. He's a gentleman, and John Carbonell was instrumental in helping him obtain the trademark).

Let me look for the link. I forgot who sent it to me.

I'm sorry. My brain is jello today (everyday).

Best regards,
Jennifer

Old 07-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lawyer friend who gives me some free advice as long as I don't ask for too much. He said that the guy in Atlanta has no connection to the name Nelems,he is not connected to the marine industry,there is only one Nelems Marine in the world(me).He even sent me a 20 page letter that he used in a similar case where he demanded damages and the guy backed off.He said the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on legally and I could sue his a## off. Downside is that takes money and time even for a friend to do it. Bottom line is not to do it. If I need the name badly enough offer him a $100 or so,much cheaper than legal action.I don't need it badly,it was just the principle of the thing, but I'll let it go. Anyone that is really wanting a stolen name backbadly enough apparently has the law on their side if theywant to persue it.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:32 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

But can someone name a Title to a page within their website that is someone else's Domain Name???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-19-2002, 08:47 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob - Can you register "MostPeopleFeelThatMarkLaneIsaJerk.com? Maybe he'll be willing to trade......
Old 07-19-2002, 10:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya Jen I know John would NEVER do that

Anyhow if I had been smart enough to have Coke.com then I could have sold the site to COKE. All I have to do is to put the site up and say that I worship coke and I am all set. There is NOTHING that Coke can do but anti up what ever I want to charge them for it. It is a real tough battle to try and have.

Jon