Notices

Superstorm Sandy

Old 02-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

I couldnt imagine what you guys and your families are going through. The sheer time involved and the enormity of the required repairs just to get back to "normal" must really ware you down. Prayers wow!

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 02-15-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snoworks
For all people living next to or close to the water I would recommend that you get a quote for homeowners and flood, through Chartis Private Client Group. To date, not inclusive of the NFIP, all the claims that I have worked on, CPG has covered them all, including hardscapes.

We've had CPC for about 8 years now through our friends that are agents (http://thorsonins.com). Chartis Private Client is the company formally known as AIG Private Client. My wife b-itches every year about increases, but it is what it is.

Other top companies would be ACE or Chubb. Insurance..............it's all a gamble!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

Being that I'm from the north end of the state it didn't really hit me until I was hired to do some work on the island as well as in the Atlantic Highlands. You could watch videos and look at pictures for a month straight and the raw feeling of utter hopelessness doesn't arise until you've seen it first hand. I had to take 5 min and let myself breakdown to continue. It was hard to drive due to emotions once I made it over the Mantlooking bridge. Only the fact that we were there to help getting the town running again was a major help. Even people there to simply sight see we're overwhelmed and had to leave. Hope we can get the shore we all know rebuilt better then ever.

Bernie, thank you for all the services you've brought to Brick and the surrounding areas.

Tim, your work is simply amazing. Thank you for sharing your tireless work in documenting this tragedy.

Keep your head up NJ!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

For those of you who might need help, I am a GC living in Toms River going through the same thing you guys are as I had two houses flooded and lost both vehicles. Keep in mind on primariy homes that depreciation is recoverable and that regardless of the initial loss tally on your POL, you can always file a supplemental claim during the work in progress. Secondary homes, were all screwed! None of it is going to be easy, but if I can help anyone affected, even if it is just info, let me know.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Superstorm Sandy featured on NJTV :

Part 1 of "Storm Clouds" Click here.

Additional information and links at lower bottom of the page.

Tree of HOPE

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
We stayed in our house that night in Mystic Islands and just before the storm hit and the last few people evacuated I mad a statement that fortunately I LIVED to regret I said im not leaving I have never seen a house lost to a storm here in Mystic.

Mike O
My prayers go out to you Mike.

I have been through parts of Mystic and perhaps one of the areas was yours?

MYSTIC ISLAND post Superstorm Sandy Photos

Old 02-16-2013, 10:45 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Unhappy

Ortley Beach

Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Ortley Beach

Tim,
Great photos of the aftermath of the storm. How is the Jersey Shore before Hurricane Sandy and the Jersey Shore post Hurricane Sandy photo book coming? That is a book I will buy as soon as you get it done.

Bernie,
I understand the frustration you are/or had experienced, hang in there.

Stephen
Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat but used my own money to rebuild while waiting for insurance. Thankfully the check came last week so I can pay some bills. Now I have to raise it or pay huge insurance premiums..can't win!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks Bern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.