Lubbers, we've got to go back

Notices

Lubbers, we've got to go back

Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lubbers, we've got to go back

We got home last night from http://lubberslanding.com/ . It was an awesome trip. Being welcomed home by snow filling up my boat shoes as I look for my wife's truck at O'hare, not so much.

Austin and Amy are great hosts. They have built something that is a memory maker our of a jungle island.

We had rented a boat for the 4 days we stayer at Lubbers Landing. We saw a Ray, I'm not sure what kind, within seconds of our first stop on their dock. We spent each day exploring the different islands and homes within about 15 miles of Lubbers Quarters Cay.
I'll post more later.
Mark
Attached Thumbnails Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-079.jpg   Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-083.jpg   Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-084.jpg  

Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-129.jpg   Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-137.jpg   Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-081.jpg  

Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

AWESOME, trying to get a trip together there myself.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Our first morning at breakfast we ran over to Hope Town and saw to dolphins swimming as we ordered breakfast. There has to be more than a thousand islands big and small in the Bahamas. It was my first time navigating around anything like that. We upgraded from the 21' to the 24' boat with a 250hp outboard. Made for a fun mostly dry ride. It was more fun when Austin took us out to Petes pub in his Pantera. Thanks again Austin.
There were a few docks that were still torn up from Sandy and a few boats that had beached high above the current water line. They said people moved back into the boats. They must be waiting for the next hurricane to float again.

That's island life.
Attached Thumbnails Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-103.jpg   Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-127.jpg   Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-077.jpg  

Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-108.jpg   Lubbers, we've got to go back-3.1.13-pic-trans-125.jpg  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although not staying at Lubbers Landing we plan to go over there as we will be docked for 2 days on Elbow Cay at Seaspray during our 11 day island hopping adventure at the end of May. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Sea Spray looks like a cool place. We went there for pizza and drinks Wed. night. That's where the cruiser was beached.
Have fun!