Notices

How Fast Is This Boat?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boostbros
that boat was up here for a few years on lake ontario they had little sassquatch decals on the windows their moto was" you might see us but you don,t know who we are" ....their mission was looking for drug running subs and would run all night using a 1000 in fuel each night they would show up and act like navy seals and had a huge attitude issue they pretty much did not get along with anyone it was a branch of customs. the boat is not fast and broke often but the 20,000 grand seats were cool
Drug running subs on Ontario? I've never heard that before.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
OK, not as fast as I thought. I figured at least 75. I'm gonna defend these guys. I see them a lot and they have never bothered me. On this day we were taking a beer break at the Detroit River Light on our way to PIB. We went over to them to talk to them. They asked if I wanted to trade boats. I said sure, as long as they include the weapons.They asked how fast I was. I said mid 80s. They said I could outrun them then. I'm like, yeah, right, until the choppers show up. Saw them again at PIB that day and went over to say Hi. They are good people. At least they have been to me.
They are mostly good people. However if you run into a bunch of new recruits, look out they will stop anything that moves. I even have pictures where they ordered a guy to back his boat off the beach so that they could board him mid-river.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Gold Member

Almost all of those guys that I've met have been super nice, they don't have much to complain about. A bad day on the water is still better than a good day on land!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the CG guys are typically pretty cool. It's usually the local weekend cops who are out to prove how bad they are!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

That boat belongs to ICE (immigration and customs enforcement). It is a division of DHS. Border patrol boats are white with the green stripe. CBP is on border patrol. It is a 65 mph boat on its best day. I think they have a quad one in ohio, the quad one by the light is the one that sits at elizabeth park. There is also a triple ICE boat there, triple CBP boat with hondas, then a pile of wayne county sheriff boats. Some days those are the coolest guys on the lake and just want to talk boats and look at stuff, other days they will come right up on you, board you and harass you. It all depends on who gets you that day. Keep in mind there are 5 different law enforcement agencies that patrol the south end of the detroit river.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

They don't like having their picture taken either. Good way to get boarded.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Revd Up
They don't like having their picture taken either. Good way to get boarded.
They would have been welcomed aboard. I've only been boarded by the CG and it's always at Detroit. That's another beer stop. We like to stop and drift by the water front. It's always been once a year and every time I got a certificate that said "thank you for promoting safe boating" ha! I have to make sure that everyone knows not to get cocky with the feds because they can do anything they want. Sheriff's and local PDs are another story .
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I was stopped by the CG on the St. Lawrence last spring, they were nothing but nice. It probably did look a tad suspicious in hind sight...44* weather, half rain, some clown in a loud boat running 70 or so
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
I was stopped by the CG on the St. Lawrence last spring, they were nothing but nice. It probably did look a tad suspicious in hind sight...44* weather, half rain, some clown in a loud boat running 70 or so
Hey come on...the more of us that get out there and do it, the less suspicious it is!

Last edited by cuposterchild; 03-05-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen that boat or similar on the Detroit river many times. It is quick, but not terribly fast. It sounds pretty wicked with all 4 outboards singing. On another note, last year I was followed (I wasn't aware until I got to Wyandotte) by the Boarder Protection Chopper (White w/Blue Stripe) all the way back from PIB. I only realized them as I came off of plane as I looked over and they were damn near on top of me. They stayed above me while I idled into the dock, where I was greated by two Boarder Patrol Trucks, 3 agents and one dog. They were nice, just asked me where I was coming from and asked if I would let their dog on the boat. I wasn't super thrilled about that, but I had nothing to hide, and it beats the hell out of refusing and them making things difficult. But again, nice guys without attitude. Wish I could say the same for the D-Bag Wayne County water cops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.