Notices

California built boats

Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California built boats

Being an avid boater from Florida I have always held true to Florida built boats: spectre, pantera, donzi etc. how do the Cali built boats compare i.e. the Nordics, magics, dcb's. The Cali builds seem to have the bling factor, sharper designs, and look damn good. I'd just wonder how they would handle a 5 hour gulf or atlantic pounding....?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You just opened a can of worms,haha. Let me start saying that I like the Nordics of late, 28 and up for any rough water use! Know someone who owned an 1800 HP 35 Flame, after getting into a 42 Outerlimits his comment on the Nordic was ; they're lake boats,lol.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I assumed. The Cali brands seemed to have kept putting product out between 2008-2012 inproving the look of the boats (graphics, molds, interior, etc..) while the majority of Florida boat manufacturers fell off the map during those years. For the fist time in my memory there is almost a shortage of 50K-80K late model pre-owned performance boats on our local market here.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
JD You know you like em all .