Notices

Boat Transport Service?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Transport Service?

Anyone ever shipped a boat from one side of the country to the other? I'm trying to get a decent idea on how much it would cost to ship a 23' boat on a trailer from Reno to Waco. Anyone know of any reputable people? Thanks,

David
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

You can figure $3.00 a mile worse case, someone will do it cheaper.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered

Try OSO member "pat@osp"

He was AWESOME with me when he hauled my boat over 2000 miles and quoted me right to the minute when he'd be making the delivery at our local marina 3 days later.
His price was dead center of the quotes I received.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 03-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Ever watch the cable show "Shipping Wars"? There's a website i think called www.uship.com where your shipment is put up for bid to reputable independent shippers of all shapes and sizes and you get to choose the winning bidder or something like that. Might be worth checking into.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Registered

I used uship w/great results
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by merkfalc
Anyone ever shipped a boat from one side of the country to the other? I'm trying to get a decent idea on how much it would cost to ship a 23' boat on a trailer from Reno to Waco. Anyone know of any reputable people? Thanks,

David
I had to move my 353 FasTech from Las Vegas to Buffalo, NY (2300 miles) in 2009 and had great luck using USHIP. With USHIP, you don't necesarily want to choose the lowest bid on your transport, you want to go with the best rated company that also offers you a fair price. Take the time to read the feedback that other customers have left for the transporters that have bid on your shipment.

The guy I ended up hiring thru USHIP (craneman4) works alone with his 3/4 ton pick-up truck and has his DOT#'s and is insured. He is not a broker, he is the one who picks up, hauls and delivers your shipment. It does not sit in a yard somewhere waiting while someone tries to find someone else to haul it. THAT'S what I was looking for, someone who would be responsible for the transportation of my new boat from start to finish.

I ended up paying $2,240.00 (aprox. $1.00 per mile) which I thought was a very fair price... Other bids came in a few hundred cheaper, but I went with craneman4 for the reasons stated.

For my own peace of mind, I also had my insurance agent bind my own coverage on the boat in case anything went wrong on the way here... That way, I felt like I had double protection for the long journey home.

Good luck with your shipment!

Dave
Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the advice! I'll look into USHIP and see what it is all about.