Wow, what a great investment

Notices

Wow, what a great investment

Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wow, what a great investment

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o50225-en.html

Outerlimits must build one heck of a boat. This one was for sale a couple of years ago for $169K (or in that range). Now, two years later its $30K more. Why would anyone buy anything else?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

cool . . . this is just what i need to PROVE to my GF that boats are great investments and that i need yet another one
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iamjoe
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o50225-en.html

Outerlimits must build one heck of a boat. This one was for sale a couple of years ago for $169K (or in that range). Now, two years later its $30K more. Why would anyone buy anything else?
Is it the same as two years ago or has work/improvements been done? I know I wouldn't sell my Formula for the same amount as 2 years ago!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Is it the same as two years ago or has work/improvements been done? I know I wouldn't sell my Formula for the same amount as 2 years ago!!!
As I recall, it needed some minor work and the ad says the top ends are new, but does a boat gain in value because its been maintained? I can see if someone makes wholesale improvements like new bigger and/or modern power, new interior, big money stuff like that but just maintainence? Not so much. You have to wonder how well it is maintained if they are advertising it and showing it with a missing steering wheel hub cover. I know its a minor detail, but a detail none the less.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Is the market better today than it was two years ago? Yes

Has the Highline preowned boat market shrank? Yes

I can't come close to replacing my boat today for what I purchased it for three years ago.

You want a Boat that doesn't tank in value buy a skiboat, I can't belive how much a nice 23ft true ski boat sells for new or even a few years old.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
You want a Boat that doesn't tank in value buy a skiboat, I can't belive how much a nice 23ft true ski boat sells for new or even a few years old.
That may be true, but have you seen how much those things cost new!!! I was looking in the Mastercraft booth at the Miami show they were around $130,000 for a ski boat!!! WTF! But the detail is impressive they have a ton of CNC billet aluminum parts on them very nicely done, but $130K!!!! and some were more!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has had many updates, very costly updates. New aluminum fuel tank, new interior, new top ends, new stereo, new covers, lots of LED upgrades to cabin, cockpit and underwater lights, new exhaust on one motor, the other pulled and pressure tested. Drives completely dis-assembled and checked for wear, Herings just sent off and balanced. How much more turn key could a 2005 boat be?

I'd say "cared for with an open checkbook" is an understatement!!!
Glenn
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty sure it was listed for $169k but actually sold more in the $162k area (shouldn't be too tough to find out).

I guess if the factory did the tanks and they have receipts that would be worth something, but certainely not face value.

It definately pays to do your research before pulling the trigger!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat is beautiful
Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GL@PBC
It has had many updates, very costly updates. New aluminum fuel tank, new interior, new top ends, new stereo, new covers, lots of LED upgrades to cabin, cockpit and underwater lights, new exhaust on one motor, the other pulled and pressure tested. Drives completely dis-assembled and checked for wear, Herings just sent off and balanced. How much more turn key could a 2005 boat be?

I'd say "cared for with an open checkbook" is an understatement!!!
Glenn
Hi Glenn:

Please understand that I am in no way dissing the boat. I think everyone would agree that it is indeed a beautiful piece. But most of the stuff you mentioned look like maintenance. New tank would not be necessary unless the old one leaked. New top ends, exhaust, drives, props, covers all seem like routine maintanence. Stereo and lights are definate upgrades. The interior, well maybe maybe not. I just find it interesting that the boat is priced $38K above what it was purchased for probably 3 years earlier. In my mind maintenance is a "cost of doing business" by owning a boat like this. The level of maintenance helps maintain the value but I'm not sure that it makes the boat more valuable. Well, good luck selling it as I'm sure someone will fall in lust with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.